cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS asking password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have made a upgrading of BASIS and ABAP Support Package Level to 6.20 69.

I recreated the total stms with DEV as domain controller as initially. Transport for all landscape are working fine but when I go to stms_import and refresh import queue it asks the user ID and password of each Server (DEV, QA, PRD).

It happens every time on transport (asking password).

I appreciate any help our tip.

Thanks,

Marcos Facina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This behaviour happend if you have password rules on the instance profile (Trx. RZ10), you need follow this steps on all your landscape systems:

- Deactivate the password rules on RZ10, min letters, min numbers, etc

- Restart the systems

- Delete the user TMSADM on client 000 on the 3 systems.

- Delete the RFC conection for the TMS System.

- Delete the TMS config.

- Create the TMS config. again.

- Test this changes, no password needs to perform a transport.

- Reactivate the password rules on RZ10.

If you reset the password for TMSADM user, after reactivate the password rules, the TMS ask for the user and password again.

See u

Cristian

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Hello all,

the report TMS_UPDATE_PWD_OF_TMSADM may be used instead of changing pw and adjusting the STMS settings.

Regards,

Serhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

kindly see tmsadm user may be locked ,

vedprakash pandit

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

working pretty goot, thx

william_bowman
Participant
0 Kudos

Or change the password of the tmsadm user in client 000 then update the rfc desinations with the correct password. If you can't get into change mode for the RFC, double click the entry in SM59 and then enter TOGL in the transaction field. It will enable it to be modifiable. Update the password, save and test the connection using the Utilities...Test...Authorization test menu. Using the reports mentioned above is fine for fairly simple environments, but it can cause (in my experience) issues in more complex TMS setups.

former_member252257
Discoverer
0 Kudos

In STMS, System Overview, I executed "Reset Uset TMSADM" and "Generate RFC Destination" to all Systems and now it's working fine.