cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message from Excel after exporting the crystal report to excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a two fold question

1) We have crystal report 8.5 integrated with our VB6 app. We've recently moved to Office 2010. Now that we export a report to XLS format and then when try to open, a message pops up 'File Error: Data may have been lost'. The file does open though after the message (but it leads end user to think that export might have been corrupted etc) . Is there a work around this?

2) Are there any newer viewer OCX control out there that can be in used in VB6 app? The one we have is version 6.1.0.609

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Moved to Legacy SDK forum.

You want a version of CR that is 10 years old to support a version of Excel that came out 10 years after....

How about upgrading both your version of Visual Studio and Crystal Reports to VS 2010 and CR for VS 2010. It supports all of the current versions of Office products.

Go to this link and download any database and exporting patches you can find and see if that helps. If not, upgrade.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/downloads

Thank you

Don

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="http://www.recoverytoolbox.com/repair_excel.html">excel recovery</a> works with corrupted and lost excel files after viruses, system errors, unstable software. It restores *.xls, *,xlt, *.xlsx, xlsm, *.xltm, *.xltx, *.xlam file formats. Program starts under Win 98 and higher.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> 1) We have crystal report 8.5 integrated with our VB6 app. We've recently moved to Office 2010. Now that we export a report to XLS format and then when try to open, a message pops up 'File Error: Data may have been lost'. The file does open though after the message (but it leads end user to think that export might have been corrupted etc) . Is there a work around this?

This is an excel issue. Excel 2010 wants you to save the file in the new 2010 format. format. You can save to the new format, but you can only export to excel in the old format. I get this all the time and I usually ignor it.

Debi