cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time management with time attendance machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

My client is going to record clock-ins and clock-outs for all employee via time attendance machine. So what I need to know is the following.

A. Is the file that I got from the time attendance machine is going to be placed in a certain directory and I am going to setup a program so I can call it from that specific directory or there is an interface program between the time attendance machine and the SAP time management system?

B. In which format that file should be?

C. What is the data needed from the time attendance machine. Is it only going to be the personnel number, clock-in and clock-out? or there is more data needed.

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our time and attendance system is totally optimized for multiple sites, multiple time zones and multiple languages. There are many features that allow you to configure the application to fit your solution needs

<a href="http://www.labortimetracker.com">payroll check calculator</a>

antoine_foucault
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

A. Is the file that I got from the time attendance machine is going to be placed in a certain directory and I am going to setup a program so I can call it from that specific directory or there is an interface program between the time attendance machine and the SAP time management system?

If your time-machine are SAP certified then you can setup and use TCODE PT80 to transfer timeda-data. Otherwise you can set up a batch-input program to load teven data (infotype 2011) from your file.

* Date formating
    CLEAR: lv_begda.
    WRITE ls_data-dats TO lv_begda DD/MM/YYYY.

* PA30 initialization screen.
    PERFORM bdc_dynpro  USING 'SAPMP50A'     '1000'.

PERFORM bdc_field   USING 'RP50G-TIMR6'  'X'.
    PERFORM bdc_field   USING 'RP50G-PERNR'  ls_data-pernr.
    PERFORM bdc_field   USING 'RP50G-BEGDA'  lv_begda.
    PERFORM bdc_field   USING 'RP50G-ENDDA'  lv_begda.
    PERFORM bdc_field   USING 'RP50G-CHOIC'  '2011'.
    PERFORM bdc_field   USING 'BDC_OKCODE'   '=INS'.
    PERFORM bdc_field   USING 'BDC_CURSOR'   'RP50G-CHOIC'.

* Infotype 2011 modificacion screen.
    PERFORM bdc_dynpro  USING 'MP200000'     '2500'.

PERFORM bdc_field   USING 'P2011-LDATE' lv_begda.
    PERFORM bdc_field   USING 'P2011-LTIME' ls_data-ltime.
    PERFORM bdc_field   USING 'P2011-SATZA' ls_data-satza

PERFORM bdc_field   USING 'BDC_OKCODE'   '=UPD'.
    PERFORM bdc_field   USING 'BDC_CURSOR'   'P2011-DALLF'.

B. In which format that file should be?

Certified clocks automatically transfer time data to CC1TEV table (Transferring time events to the interface), SAP time management thru PT80 tcode then transfer time data from CC1TEV to TEVEN table. If you program a customer batch-input then you can use whatever file format please you.

C. What is the data needed from the time attendance machine. Is it only going to be the personnel number, clock-in and clock-out? or there is more data needed.

What SAP Documentation specify when working with certified clocks:

Upload

The interface is supplied with the unprocessed time events by the time recording system.

Data required by a record:

• IDnumber

• Date, clock time, time event type (clock-in/clock-out/off-site work, and so on)

• Other possible data: Terminal ID, employee expenditures, absence/attendance reasons

• Information about cost assignment and a different payment

Otherwise this should be sufficient:

PERNR Employee Number

DATS Date

LTIME Logical time

SATZA Time Event Type

Of course if the file generated by clocks only use time-id then you would have to look up for employee number - time id link stored in Time Recording Info infotype (0050).

Infotype 0050 let you specify your time recording policy for a specific employee that is because it is possible to specify in geographical and timely manner the time-recording possibilities and restriction, it also link time ID with personal number ID.

Hope it helps,

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

What I got from what you said is that if:

The vendor is certified: then I'll use T-code PT80 and the time recording machine will directly place the required data in table CC1TEV and will be further processed to be converted to time event types. So should I then use CC1 (Communication channel 1) - to be determined in IMG -Time Management - Personnel Time Events - General Settings - Specify Communication Parameters-

or should I use PDC?

The vendor isn't certified: then I should develop my own batch input program and specify whatever format I need in that program. But the question here is where to place that file (in which directory)?! Is it similar to data upload through LSMW?

Regards,

former_member792858
Contributor
0 Kudos

It is a simple LSMW or BDC. create a recording of IT 2011 and upload data.

Nasim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use BDC for which you can take data in txt format from the vendor machine & then uploadi it in SAP.

Regards,

Lata

antoine_foucault
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

Please, review:

Connection with external time recording systems:

[http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/PT-BFA/PT-BFA_ALE_034.pdf]

Critical Success Factors to guide your SAP Time Management Implementation:

http://www.google.es/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.afsug.co.za%2FPorta...

Personal time management:

[http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/PT/PT.pdf]

I am sure this will be plenty helpfull to go ahead and help you in your configuration decision making.

Regards.

former_member792858
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have seen two different methods in two different companies. In one company we created one interface and collect data from time machine's In time and out time into IT 2011 with date.

and in another company we created one BDC and did the same.......

Data format is like.... Emp No......Date.....P10(Time in )

Emp No......Date.....P20(Time out) in IT 2011

Hope it helps....

Nasim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The problem here is that the vendor of the time recording machine is asking whether the machine is going to send me that file in format you mentioned, or am I going to get that file with the format sent from the time recording machine and transformed to the proper format on my own.

In case that SAP will get the data from the Time recording machine, kindly tell me How I will connect with the machine file?

former_member792858
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If ur vender can provide a report in that format, it is well and good.otherwise u can re organise the data from the report of time machine. In this case u need to develop one data upload program.

for direct data from time machine ask ur abap er to create on e interface which u need to run in a regular interval.

Nasim