cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Safety Automatic MSDS shipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I am doing a feasiblity study on implementing the product safety module for MSDS shipment. I would like some clarification on the implementation steps.

The scenario is: MSDS documents are created and stored outside SAP.

I am able to create the substance. a template and a variant.

Since the documents are created in PDF format outside SAP, I don't know If a WWI server should be installed in this case?

I am not able to generate a report. No data is found...Maybe a missing config??

What is a good a approach to link n material to n MSDS documents?

Thank You

Joni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joni,

In order to use EH&S Report Shipment you need to have a WWI server installed.

Even if you want to to send and print MSDS that have been created outside of SAP.

Furthermore you need to upload these MSDS into SAP EH&S for the whole process to work.

>

> I am not able to generate a report. No data is found...Maybe a missing config??

> Joni

You can not generate documents within EH&S Product Safety without a WWI Server.

But why do you want to create documents if the MSDSs are created outside of SAP?

>

> What is a good a approach to link n material to n MSDS documents?

You can use TR CG36VEN to upload MSDSs.

Hope this helps

P.s.: There are two 'Cookbooks' available: one for Report Shipment and one for WWI servers. They have been posted in this form...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

So you are saying that to send an already created PDF stored in DMS through report shipping I should install WWI server....

Juan,

I will try your solution and let you know if it worked.

Thank you Mark and Juan

Joni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joni,

>

> So you are saying that to send an already created PDF stored in DMS through report shipping I should install WWI server....

> Joni

If you just want to email the PDFs and not have a cover sheet send along with it - it might work without WWI server - but I'm not a 100% sure...

If you don't have an email address for all of the clients - and you therefore need to print the MSDS and send them via mail you need a WWI server for sure.

>

> Thank you Mark and Juan

> Joni

Your're welcome!

Greets

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuanCarlosDelga
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jonida,

Look at this best practice [http://help.sap.com/bp_chem603/BBLibrary/HTML/939_EN_DE.htm|http://help.sap.com/bp_chem603/BBLibrary/HTML/939_EN_DE.htm]

You don't need to install WWI server.

The MSDS is linked to a susbtance, and this sustance to 0-n materials.

Regards

JCD