cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to change the default date format in Webi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I had a requirement to change the default date format in webi. i.e I want to diaplay the time along with the date in the report. BUt when i change the syntax of the date in the report level with the custom format it is not getting localized.

So my requirement is i need to change the display format of the date in the report along with the time and at the same time the report should get localized. In one of the forums i read that by changing the format of date in files which are there in the business objects folder which comes with the installation. I dont know exact name of that file. Can any one of you please help me out in the issue.

Thanks,

Subash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In WebI, you can use the formula

=FormatDate([Date];"ddth Mmm yyyy")

to get the desired date format.

If the object is of type Character and retuns the date in format dd/MM/yyyy, then you have to convert it into a date before using FormatDate function. In this case you can use the formula

=FormatDate(ToDate([Date];"dd/MM/yyyy");"ddth Mmm yyyy")

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to change the date formate in PRM file the location of PRM file is

<INSTALLDIR>\dataAccess\RDBMS\connectionServer\<rdbms>\

There will be 2 types of parameter for date. Jus check and change it for the local parameter.

File will be in your Server, where you have installed your BO server. Also, if you change this parameter, change will impact on each and every reports using this perticular RDBMS. Jus check if you are Ok with this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

You can change the default date format in webi as follows:

Goto Tools-> Options and Locale

Here you can select the region eg. English (United Kingdom) as per your location.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But this will not resolve my issue. Actually what i am looking is need to change the default syntax which is going to display in the webi reports. There is an option of changing the syntax in web.xml file in business objects folder which will change the format of the date which is getting displayed in the prompt. Like that is there file where we can change the dafault format of the date so that the date fromat will get changed in webi. My issue i need to display date , time .

Guys waiting for your response....

Thanks,

Subash