cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Email with Service Call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is there a way to link an Incoming or Outgoing mail to a Service Call?

Thanks,

Vangelis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

except from the dashboard option (that I do not have used) I am not sure that I have understood the answer. The question comes especially for Service Calls because I do not have an option in Outlook Integration that allows me to link the email to a Service Call.

Is there a way?

Vangelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using 8.8 and have the cockpit open, you can drag an email item over the activity widget in the cockpit. The activity will populate based on the email.

Even if you create the activity from OI, you can do the following:

You can then navigate to the activity from the service calls - activities tab and link the email from there

It is a messy process though & I think there are a few requests for this functionality to be added in the Product Development Forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

a. the cockpit option I cannot follow. Is there a documentation link?

b. I create an activity in OI. This is saved in activity tab in BP or a form (but certainly Service Call is not an option at OI 'save email as activity'). If I am in activity in service calls I cannot see othere activities except from those created in the specific call so I am not able to link the email). Do I miss something?

Vangelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you create the activity & note the number, then, from the Service Call>Activities tab you can go create new, & use the find button to browse to your activity, then save, This will oink the activity to your service call.

I still agree it would be much easier for the option to be added in both service call & in OI though!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried to follow your instruction on linking email to service calls but there is one problem with this. When you link the email to the BP via the Outlook Integration Add-in the activity is closed automatically so when you go to Service Call->Activities to find the activity the OK button is greyed out and you can't save it.

Could you advise how I can link emails activity created by the Outlook Integration Add-in to a service call?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vangelis,

Please try this thread -

Also, any document can be sent out as email by clicking the email icon on top. You just have to ensure you have the right email populated in the contract person and copy the email sent to another sbo user who is logged in all the time (like manager if manager is logged in all the time for you). This is important for email or alert email to get triggered.

Above sending is done through the use of outlook integration add-on.

You can use the same outlook integration add-on to receive the emails. When you receive the email, then drag and drop if using dashboard in activity for this service customer, or else manually create an activity for the customer using any form of B1 menu interface.

Also, search more in forums, number of people have discussed various business possibilities.