cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting a stateful page for a Transaction Launcher from a custom button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I've got a problem when starting a stateful page for a Transaction Launcher ERP transaction when using a custom push button instead of a Direct Link or a Group from the Navigation bar.

When at first I followed customer requirements, it was that an ERP transaction (Quotation) should have started stateless following CRM Opportunity. It wasn't very hard, and my code for a new event for the custom button had reflected that:

lr_navigation = cl_crm_ui_navigation_service=>get_instance( me ). 
lr_navigation->navigate( '<MyCustomLogicalLink>' ).

However, when the customer has changed its mind, and requested that the ERP transaction would need to be started stateful, I ran into a problem:

When I click on that custom push button, a new browser window opens up with the ERP screen. So far, so good. BUT (!!!!!!) the main CRM browser window is also showing the same ERP transaction screen instead of staying with the same CRM opportunity.

How could I avoid the situation using manual coding in that event (my understanding is that navigation from the view causing the effect I observe)?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dhruv_mehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you solve it? I am looking for a similar thing.. if yes please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think yes, your analysis is correct. Since you are firing a navigation link from your event UI screen is also navigating. At this point I am not sure about the correct approach you can take on this but you can try pop up functionality. May be a bit weird solution from my side but its based on a concept that if you open any other component as a pop up then you main screen remains as it is.

May be...may be open a pop up and from there navigate to ECC transaction and then based on some condition close pop up window....may be...

Regards,

Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, somehow when TL is configured and assigned to the right NavBar link, in the case of selecting stateful option, the TL would launch a transaction in a new browser window w/o interrupting the processing on the main window. I don't know how it's done programmatically. I'm sure it's got nothing to do with programming a pop-up window on the UI Framework.

I am just wondering how...

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the approach explained in the following post:

Regads.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried that but it doesn't work as my transaction is a BOR-transaction with some parameters I've got to pass, and not a URL-transaction for which the answer was given in the thread you quoted.

E-