cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am doing MPN concept, Please tell me how to maintain Inventory for all MPN materials.

I heard that if we use material type HERB we can maintain, but when I see in OMS2 there is no such material type present..

I heard that DIMP,SWF5 and other oss note I donu2019t understand what is this..

Please tell me the steps how to configure inventory based MPN so that all alternative materials should be inventory managed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

got solution.....by own...

Edited by: RAVI KUMAR on Jul 21, 2011 4:18 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos
got solution.....by own...

Great.... now how about sharing the same with the forum, so if someone has the same need can use your inputs.

Unless you believe in hoarding knowledge. Remember anything hoarded... decays with time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For inventory managed MPN, there must contain Enhancement Package 3 with DIMP as patch (Discrete industries and Mill Products) .

Material Type is HERB(Interchangeable part) is required.

Create Material master with material type HERB

Create Manufacturer Part Profile and assign in the Purchasing view of the material master

Create FFF Class(Form Fit Function Class) and assign all the Materials which you want to be interchange and want to maintain stocks separately .T-code-PIC01

For MRP we have to define one material as Leading part and other materials are as normal parts...so the materials which are grouped under FFF class contain one leading part and MRP will run only for leading part but stocks will be considered from other materials in that group.

ex.

materials like Stock

M1-Lead Part 0

M2 4

M3 1

M4 0

and the requirement( PIR) for M1 is 100

after MRP run we will get the requirements for 95 only because already 5 qty stock is present..

We can see the stock in MMBE as below:-

M1 - 0

M2 - 4

M3 - 1

M4 - 0

TOTAL=5

this will be useful for those materials if vendors is supplying with different names with different grades with different prices.

Please revert me for further clarification

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Ravi: Appreciate that & hope the rest take a cue from you.

If anyone has a similar need can always use the search feature & find your response helpful.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Request you to provide some more details..

In ECC  for MPN we create Material Type ROH for base material and MPN in Material Type HERS and use HERS in PO.

Where as in ECC-DIMP for MPN how we create base material and MPN materials?

Do we need to create Material type HERB as base material and Material Type FFFC as MPN

Can you please give some details.

Thanks

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abdul,

Create material with Material type HERB for base

and MPN as FFFC

Regards,

Ravi

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I think we need to activate IS_AD_MPN along with DIMP_SDUD to use this functionality.

Tnx.

Abdul

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

This is a very old thread. Please open a new thread if this issue  is not clear and you need further assistance.

BR

Caetano

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member533946
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi dear,

Refer below link

[MPN|http://www.docstoc.com/docs/5557174/Manufacturer-Part-Number]

MPN is a specification used by manufacturers or vendors to register a part.

The manufacturer part number is only unique when used in connection with the "External Manufacturer".

This can be used in purchasing as a code or number used by a manufacturer or vendor to identify a material or part.

In OMT0 you can activate the Indicator for MPN,below are the possible implications:

-If this indicator is set, you can use materials of this kind.

-If this indicator is not set, the system does the following:

-Hides the corresponding fields in the material master,and deactivates the corresponding checks

For a material you can set the MPN Profile in Purcahsing View of Material Master,

after which you can maintan the Part Number's in MP01 Transaction.

When you create a PO w.r.t this material system will ask for specific MPN Number of Material as for which Vendor,Plant etc..

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

Thanks for quick replay ,the document link which you have given me,that I have seen already and I have tested MPN..

But my question is I want to maintain Inventary for alternative MPN materials..

Ex: Test1 is the main material

and MPN materials are Test-4 and Test-6 so for this materials also I want to maintain Inventary along with main material (Test1).

Regards,

Ravi

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I think that the other expert that answered your thread got your question not the way you maent; there's a simple MPN functionality that is used only in purchasing to determine what MPN you actually want to receive. In stock, later on, there's no trace of that, unless you use batches and but it on the batch info.

I guess that you mean the full interchangeability solution using stock MPN materials; this is provided in the DIMP extension of ECC (formerly A&D industry solution).

So first you need to install the extension and/or activate it (depending on your ECC version and release).

After that you will have the special material type for interchangeable materials. By he way, all the materials must be of these type, there's no "Main Material" and "MPN Materials". This you have only in the purchasing only solution mentioned by the other expert.

Regards,

Mario