cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#COMPUTATION Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working with a complicated calculation/summary report using Web Intelligence. I say complicated because there's no easy way to use dimensions to break it into a crosstab.

The report was previously displaying information that I had about 50% verified as correct. Recently, however, they did a revamp of our development environment to include a snippet of the production environment (much higher quality data, with significantly more records).

Since then, I've been seeing about half of my fields appear as #ERROR. While troubleshooting, I took just a base calculation, without the WHERE filters and I'm not receiving a #COMPUTATION error. (I am currently at the assumption that this is causing the #ERROR to show on the more complicated equations.)

The equation is along the lines of:

Count([Mbr Id] + [Service Date] + [Location Id];Distinct)

with the purpose of counting unique occurrences of a member, date, and location. [Mbr Id] and [Location Id] are both alpha numeric strings, while the [Service Date] is a date object.

I've done a little digging and haven't found any reason as to why this would be happening. Especially since 1) I was getting none of these types of errors before the reload of the development environment. 2) There are other places in the report where this formula, complete with the WHERE filters work and display values.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I had this problem with some reports after the upgrade from SP2 to SP5. In my reports there is a field containing formulas using an "IF" clause and nothing else. The "Max" function solved the problem exactly like Narendra Reddy said.

I also had a different problem with some formulas after the upgrade, but the solution was simply delete and rewrite them to see it work again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer Page No:208 in this link

http://www.wmmic.com/BOE%20Functions.pdf

#computation error can be resolved using max() function before syntax.