Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quota arrangement and source list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a doubt:-

If you are going to use Quota arrangement So,

Is it must required to create the source list ?

What happened if not maintain source list and directly maintain the quota arrangement.

I think in this case also system assign the appropriate vendor in PR.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I have a doubt:-

>

> If you are going to use Quota arrangement So,

> Is it must required to create the source list ?

>

> What happened if not maintain source list and directly maintain the quota arrangement.

> I think in this case also system assign the appropriate vendor in PR.

If you want the purchase requisition to be assigned to the vendor based upon the quota arrangement, then it is must to assign the quota arrangement to the vendor in the source list for the material.

If you have not maintained the quota arrangement in the source list for the material, then the system will use info record to assign the source while you create the purchase requisition with the source determination enabled.

Edited by: Vimalanathan.A on Mar 10, 2011 12:36 PM

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am different opinion,

source list and quota arrangement are a kind of competitors in source determination,

In a source list you maintain sveral sources (vendors)

and in a quota arrangement you do the same too

OSS note 89938 describes:

For material requirements planning, quota arrangement has priority over the source list.

Because of this it would not make sense to mention the quota arrangement in the source list.

Please note that you must set the quota arrangement usage 3 (especially the materials planning indicator in the quota arrangement usage Customizing) for an activation of the quota arrangement in the material requirements planning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks jurgen,

But I am unable to understand that, How to maintain Quota arrangement in the source list.

Is there any option for the same.

2'nd thing is, if we will create only qouta arrangement, not source list then how do the system identify that is mrp relevent.

because in quota arrangement, there is no option like in source list as MRP = 1 .

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did not tell this, Vimalanathan said you have to add the QA in the source list. I said I am different opinion and have given the OSS note as a proof.

SAP has its logic in the source determination program to check first for quota qrrangement, second for source list. you do not need to do anything for this logic.

you just have to define the quota usage in customizing and enter the quota usage then in the quota arrangement .

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Jurgen said, quota arrangement takes priority than the source list and there is no need to maintain quota arrangement in the source list. Please check for the quota arrangement usage field in the material master purchasing view and maintain it as 3 or 4 for that material and along with that check for the configuration mentioned by Jurgen.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Quota arrangement and source list are different kind of source determination techniques. quota arrangement is using for selecting multiple vendors for a material. This you need to mention in material master. source list is for selecting single vendor. so you can use quota arrangement without source list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have Maintained quota arrangement with respect to Qty and vendor then there is no need to maintained source list. If source list exist system will not consider quota .

Quota arrangement is mainly used for PRs created during MRP.

Regards

Anand