Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW - cannot be run in background since recent SAP Notes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry if this needs to be moved as not really S&A.

We are on a 4.6C R3 system and are in the process of importing Basis Support Package 61 SAPKB46C61 and I now seem to have lost the ability to run an LSMW in background - the thing runs but does nothing and the logs shows errors on a one to one.

I can run in foreground and also 'Display errors only' but that means my laptop becomes a dedicated LSMW machine for the duration of the process (the screen refreshes and locks you into watching a static screen...

There's plenty about LSMW in SAP Notes but I haven't found anything relevant (611 notes on 'LSMW' and 31 notes on LSMW Background. I remember this happening at a prvious client after they applied some SAP notes but they were on a much later release

Cheers

David

(Next to Derived and composite roles and custom tables and PID's, LSMW isn't one of my favorites...)

Been looking on Google and found a thread shown below on SDN which may help but I can't check until the LSMW running on my works laptop either completes or fails (86,917 entries)

Run the Lsmw in Background or Jobschedule

Posted: Nov 22, 2005 2:06 PM

Edited by: David Berry on Mar 11, 2011 7:07 PM

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Is it the same behaviour for all programs you are running via LSMW or is it for any specific program for which your script does not run in background?

Also,whats the error message on the log please?

Thanks

Sandipan

0 Kudos

Hi Sandipan

I can't give any info until the script finishes or my connection drops

I advise ASAP.

Cheers

David

0 Kudos

Hi Sandipan

I am running LSMW to create entries in table SUKRI and I've just tried updating a custom table which I could previous run in background and that now runs but the log shows error: incorrect.

Cheers

David

0 Kudos

Were there any changes in structure of SUKRI? What object/program do you use in LSMW?

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Martin

Looks like it's either me or the table I'm trying to update which is the cause as I can still create a user or a user group in background fine...

I'm not aware of any changes to SUKRI in SM30 - bit out of my depth when it comes to this area unfortunately.

THis is the recording for two tcodes in SUKRI

Cheers

David

SAPMSVMA 0100

BDC_CURSOR VIEWNAME

BDC_OKCODE =UPD

VIEWNAME SUKRI SUKRI SUKRI

VIMDYNFLDS-LTD_DTA_NO X X X

SAPLUSKR 0100

BDC_CURSOR SUKRIT-TEXT(01)

BDC_OKCODE =NEWL

SAPLUSKR 0100

BDC_CURSOR SUKRI-TCD2(01)

BDC_OKCODE =SAVE

SUKRI-TCD1(01) TCODE1 TCODE1

SUKRI-TCD2(01) TCODE2 TCODE2

SAPLSTRD 0300

BDC_CURSOR KO008-TRKORR

BDC_OKCODE =LOCK

KO008-TRKORR DEVK9A060G

SAPLUSKR 0100

BDC_CURSOR SUKRI-TCD1(02)

BDC_OKCODE =BACK

SAPLUSKR 0100

BDC_CURSOR SUKRI-TCD1(02)

BDC_OKCODE =BACK

0 Kudos

Update - we have a work around rather than a fix as the LSMW gets progressively slower as more and more entries are added to the table one at a time. Probably the time taken to re-open the table in maintenance mode/select new entries/enter and save/repeat.

A developer is going to create an upload program instead of messing for hours/days...

Cheers

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please be very carefull when using such upload programs, also in DEV systems.

Cheers,

Julius