cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specification status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way (configuration) to ensure that all specifications from a composition (e.g. Standard Compostion) are released (status RE) before the release of a specification is permitted?

Thanks,

Luke

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Luke

in theory I believe you can do something. Online help provides these facts:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/EN/94/9f2912112411d494b4080009b98822/content.htm

Enhancements (Customer Exits)

You can use the customer exits in Customizing for Basic Data and Tools to specify that:

· Additional checks are made in a status switch

· Other activities are performed when you save the status (such as workflow processes)

First of all: please check your EH&S release. Here SAP has optimized EH&S at some places (Spe. Status).

But keep the following in mind: the "test" is done on the I would like to use the "Term" "Mother spec". If now you change the "Child" specs normally this is not passed "back" to the mother.

Or in other word:

during "update" of the "Mother" spec you can check if any of the components does have "RE" as the status but I would assume that you need a very good concept how EH&S should react if some of the components change status. What should now happen to the "Mother" spec. "Normal" reaction I would assume to get. either Status "non critical change" etc.

Further on your Request is "limited" to have a control on "Standard composition" (there are a "high" number of other compositions in the property tree there one might think that the same approach could be useful) And take care about cascading "issues" (mother spec can have component can have component etc.). How should the system "react"?? if a "indirect" change happen on the lowest child level.

PLease check this Forum. A small number of threads are acvailable discussing the topic "Spec Status". I found no similar demand.

With best regards

C.B.

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Mar 16, 2011 8:57 PM