cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading ECC 6.0 EHP4 in MOPZ - I'm confused!!!

murray_lahn
Participant
0 Kudos

Okay, I'm totally confused about how the ECC 6.0 EHP4 system should be setup in Solman in order to use MOPZ on it.

I have setup the system as an SAP ERP ENHANCE PACKAGE - ABAP Technology for ERP EHP4, and have used the installed product versions of EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 / NW7.01 and SAP ERP 6.0, but when I run MOPZ I get to the point where I press the "Find Download Files for the stack version", I keep getting a message that reads "Please assign ERP 6.0 to the Maintenance Optimizer transaction!" When I click on the message it shows me that it's message number if "/TMWFLOW/MO_BACKEND007" but I can't seem to find any information on that.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please make sure that in transaction SMSY, in the Header Data tab for the system you want to upgrade, both ERP 6 and EHP4 for ERP 6 are added as product versions and also active. Information about why this is needed can be found in note 1464712.

After this is done, please enter the system in an ERP 6 logical component. Then, if your Solution Manager system is on SP22 or higher,

you don't need to add this new logical component to a solution. When you create a new Maintenance Optimizer transaction for your EHP4 system, please select 'no solution', product ERP 6.0, and then the system. To open again the transactions created like this you can use transaction /n/tmwflow/maintenance.

On the other hand, if the Solution Manager system is SP21 or lower,please add the new ERP 6 logical component to another solution, and please proceed to opening the Maintenance Optimizer transaction from the solution with the ERP 6 logical component.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

murray_lahn
Participant
0 Kudos

Okay, I've redefined the system as per Miguel's suggestions (I think), but now I get the message "ERP 6.0 ECC on NW 7.01 requires an installed EHP4 Product Version".

Thoughts?

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Murray,

Have you visited this link ?

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000671159&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000112&_O...

It may be helpful

Regards,

Paul

murray_lahn
Participant
0 Kudos

Okay, just so you're not digging too far on this, I have put in a message to SAP and after spending an hour working on the problem with SAP 1st level support, they have escalated it to 2nd level. Sounds like it's not a procedural thing that's goofing me up, but it might be some other bug in the system at this point.

Thanks for your help, and when I find out what it was, I'll let yoiu know.

Murray

andreas_retzlaff
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Murray,

we had exactly the same issue.

The answer from SAP was to look into the OSS note 1505281 - No Addon Product Version allowed for transaction: EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 / NW7.01

I've followed the instruction but still got an error message in MOPZ, that I should assign "SAP Learning Solution" to my Solution. After doing this I was able to select the target support package stack.

Andreas

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

murray_lahn
Participant
0 Kudos

Well, it turns out the Solution Manager system needed to be updated to SPS25 for the instructions to make sense. We were on a slightly lower version.

Thanks for all your help.

JaredS
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Murray,

Please review the link below. It offers a good explanation on the technical usage and why it should be set to ERP 6.0

/people/christian.oehler/blog/2008/11/09/how-techies-can-select-relevant-technical-usages-of-sap-enhancement-packages

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to Create your ABAP or ABAP+JAVA stack system under Product SAP ECC 6.0, then only you will be able to use MOPZ for generating the XML.

Since you have selected already source system as EHP4 it is not allowing you to continue.

Thanks,

Balaji.S

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> You need to Create your ABAP or ABAP+JAVA stack system under Product SAP ECC 6.0, then only you will be able to use MOPZ for generating the XML.

>

> Since you have selected already source system as EHP4 it is not allowing you to continue.

>

>

> Thanks,

> Balaji.S

Production version should be ERP 6.0 not ECC 6.0

Thanks

Sunny

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you register your system in SMSY, there you should register your system as ERP 6.0 system. Then only you will be able to use MOPZ for your ECC system to download EHP4 packages.

For step to step guide, you can check How to install EHP4 guide on http://service.sap.com/erp-ehp.

Thanks

Sunny