cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Order Types within a Collective Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PP Gurus,

I have a requirement for having different order types with in a collective order. For example, in a BOM of 3 levels, the order type for each assembly should be different say ZPP1, ZPP2 and ZPP3.

For this, I have maintained separate production scheduling profiles in each of these assemblies with the respective order types. Also, I have maintained MRP groups separately for each of these materials. Further, in Plant Parameters, no default order type is assigned.

However, when I create the order, the system creates all orders with order type ZPP1 which is for the header material.

As per SAP help, this is possible but I am not able to create collective order with different order types.

Please suggest any SAP Note or configuration changes which I have missed out.

Thanks!

With Regards,

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin,

in SAP Standard PP-SFC this is not possible. Order type must be the same for the whole collective order.

BR Sabine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sabine,

Thanks for your reply.

However, as per SAP help, this is possible. Please refer to the link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/ee/b6532cae8011d19e97080009b0db33/content.htm

In this link, under Pre-reuisites section, in Point 2 it is mentioned

"This indicator is transferred into the order header (master data) of the orders. If there are differing order types within the collective order, the setting of the indicator of the order type of the leading order takes precedence. This indicator is transferred to all lower-level orders and overrides their original indicators."

The above line implies that different order types are possible with in a collective order.

Please suggest some way out.

Thanks!

With Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin

this link is from CO point of view. This documentation is to general this is not valid for PP-SFC collective orders

BR Sabine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sabine,

This link is for PP-SFC orders only. There is a configuration setting which needs to be maintained for order types about automatic goods movement. This setting can be maintained from either CO or PP. Hence, in the link SAP has given the path Cost Object Controlling under Product Cost by Order ® Manufacturing Orders ® Check Order Types for Manufacturing Orders with the Coll.ord.process. indicator

This is probably the reason you are saying that the link is for CO collective orders.

And moreover, I've not come across any such term like CO collective orders.

Thanks!

With Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin,

believe me. This is no error, this is SAP Standard behavoir.

Open a message in SAP Support and you will get exactly the same answer.

BR Sabine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sabine,

Thanks for your patience.

I've awarded points to you and also rasied a support message to SAP as suggested by you.

Will update once I get a reply from SAP.

Thanks again!

With Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin:

I met the same problem. Do you get any feedback from SAP or any conclusion, thanks for share your found.