cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to install the .Net Connector DLLs on the server ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I developped a .net c# service that connects to SAP via the SAP .Net Connector 3.0.

I added the dll in "reference" in my service project with copy local = true.

I installed my service on our .net application server and started the service.

When calling method of the service, I receive the following error (note that the dll's are in the application folder)

System.Exception: Configuration Load Error :

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcConfigParameters' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'sapnco_utils, Version=3.0.0.42, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=50436dca5c7f7d23' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

File name: 'sapnco_utils, Version=3.0.0.42, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=50436dca5c7f7d23' ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800736B1): This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

Searching, I just tried by installing the .Net Connector 3 on the server.

After this, my service works fine.

So I thought to remove the dll in the folder of my application.

By doing this, I receive the same error as above (note that the .net connector is installed on the server)

So to resume, it seems that my service only run correctly when the .net connector is installed on the server AND the .Net DLL's (sapnco.dll and sapnco_utils.dll) are present in the folder of the service.

Can someone explain why it is so or what am I doing wrong ?

We never had this problem with old version of the SAP .Net Connector as having the dll in the application folder was sufficient.

Thanks in advance all for time and help

Denis Willems

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Daniel_KASIMIR
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

I just want to say that I've seen the same behaviour on my server, too.

regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you need to install NCo3016_Net20_x86 if you are using .net 2.0 and 32 bit OS...