cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum Netweaver version requirement for BO 4.0 integration with BW?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having a hard time finding the minimum Netweaver version requirement for integrating the upcoming business objects 4.0 platform with SAP BW. I understand 4.0 is still in ramp-up and that the integration will now be part of that package but for planning purposes, I would love to know what Netweaver version is/will be required in order to integrate BW with BOBJ.

I was looking at the "Supported Platforms Guide" over at service.sap.com/bosap-support but the only place where Netweaver is mentioned is on the Application Server Support slide (NW 7.2 SP3 is required). Nothing mentions the requirements for integrating with the BW system.

Can anyone point me to an official document which provides this information?

Thank you,

Dennis

Edited by: Dennis Staiger on Mar 15, 2011 4:38 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

all the supported platforms are available on Service marketplace including the material for SAP Businessobjects 4.0.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe I am not looking in the right place then. Can you point me more specifically to that document / link?

As I mentioned, I was looking at "Supported Platforms /PARs" over at service.sap.com/bosap-support, but this document does answer this integration question.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis.

the supported platforms are by product. so the supported source for Crystal Reports are shown in the PAR for Crystal REports, ...

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

thanks a lot for your advice. It sounds like I have been looking in the right place then. However, for BI 4.0 there is only one PAM ( SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0 -> SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0 Product Availablity Matrix (PAM) ) and nowhere in this document is mentioned which Netweaver platform is required to connect to BOBJ 4.0. The only place where Netweaver is mentioned is on page 7 and to my understanding this is in a different context. There is no section which talks about integration with BW. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your guidance,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

as you know I also could not access that information.

Regards,

Stan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo Ingo, Hi Dennis,

all information is accessible here:

Document Deleted 1 December 2011

you should open the PDF file that includes 2 further Excel files: please be aware that you can only access these Excel files only if you have opened the PDF directly in the Web Browser and not downloaded it previously! That was my problem.

Regards

Stan

Edited by: Jason Lax on Dec 1, 2011 2:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Talking about hidden information! Thanks a lot for clarifying.

Based on the linked spreadsheet, you will need SAP NetWeaver 7.01 SP6 to leverage both, BICS and OLAP BAPI connections to SAP Netweaver BW through the semantic layer and pretty much any version of SAP Netweaver will do for direct Crystal Report connections.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have consulted the document "SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0 Support Pack 2 - PAM" found in https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/bosap-support > Documentation > Support Platform & PARs > SAP BusinessObjects BI > SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0.

On page 17 of the PDF, it lists the minimum requirement of SAP_BW.

If I have a BW system that is on SAP_BW 700 patch level 20, does it mean the BW system can not be integrated with BOBJ 4.0?

Cheers

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Correct.

Even if you were to use the 'legacy' Universe Designer with the MDX BW OLAP universe (.unv) you should still have the Enhancement Pack 01 , and most of our reference customers are on SP09 / SP10 (7.01.9)

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

exactly the same problem we investigated since last week. Well the only information I found out is here:

http://www.sapwings.com/sap-business-objects/25-business-objects-enterprise-xi-40-supported-platform...

There is some of usefull information you can find in the following thread:

It depends on what dou you want to do with the SAP BW data. For example if you would like to create Xcelsius Dashboards, you need the EHP1 for using the performant BICS interface:

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap%28bD1kZSZjPTAwMQ==%29/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1400236

Maybe this area can help you:

https://ideas.sap.com/community/products_and_solutions/sboenterprisesuitesupportedplatforms

But we also still need more transparency from the SAP side for this question: What is the min. requirement for using SAP BW Date by BOEXI 4.0 via BICS?

Regards,

Stan

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

first of all most of the links shared above are not from SAP - means that they are not from the company creating the software =:)

All supported platforms are listed on Service marketplace for all the SAP products including SAP BusinessObjects 4.0

Simply go to :

https://service.sap.com/bosap-support

on the left hand side there is "Documentation" which includes the "Supported Platforms".

All very simple and transparent for all the products

regards

Ingo Hilgefort