cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPA Sign Handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have gone through some threads already...and understood how sign handling works but I still have some questions.

My current setting +/- not turned on in KE4I

1) I have a sales deduction on a billing document that comes as a +ve value in COPA and IF I create a creditmemo for the same same sales deduction, -ve value flows to COPA. In reporting values from Billing and Values from Credit memo net off each other becasue of different signs.

Even If I turn on +/- in KE4I, it doesnt help cause the scenarios will be just oposite.

2) For the same sale deduction If I make a FI posting a +ve value flows to COPA as its an expense with CE category 12.

How can we achieve the consistancy across all sources. Under what circumstances having multiple value fileds help.

Thanks

KP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

your questions covers 2 aspects

1. Sign Logic in COPA w.r.t. Cost Ele Categories

12: Credit in FI = Minus in COPA

Debit in FI = +ve in COPA

-

11: Credit in FI = +ve in COPA

Debit in FI = Minus in COPA

-

01: Credit in FI = Minus in COPA

Debit in FI = +ve in COPA

2. +/- indicator in KE4I -

This is used when same value field is repeated twice in Your Pricing Procedure i.e. the val field is assigned to 2 cond types, and both the cond types have +ve value and -ve value respectively... Say, 100 and -20

In that case, activating +/- sign in KE4I - would net off the value and post 80 to COPA...

If you dont activate the +/- sign in KE4I - The value posted to COPA would be 120

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay -

I understood that, my requirement is like this I have a value filed VV120 - Trade allowances, these allowances can be off invoice or through a credit memo. e.g. I have invoice in which this allowance is 100$, I see a postive $100 in COPA. I have a credit memo for 50$, based on a reason code the condition value in credit memo has hit same Trade allowance VV120 - in this case it will be

-50$. In reporting total allowances show as $50, but the total allowacnes given are $150. How do we handle this.

Thanks

Krishna

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey

You have given net allowances of 50 - Thats what the report is showing to you in KE30.. You seem to have made this report from KE34/Ke31

If you make a line item report from KE91, you can show 100 and -50 separately

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our reporting is going to come from BI, but the data is inconsistant right. We cant distinguish by line becasue the recod type in both the cases will be 'F"

it looks so fundamental. I dont know where am i going wrong. Further thoughts will be apreciated.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

We solved the same problem by simply using two different value fields for values that come from SD and those that come from FI. In reports, the two value fields are shown in one line with formular "value field A - value field B"

I have never come acreoss an alternative solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nikolas -

What you have explained works for posting from SD & FI. Here my issues is within SD. Let me explain, I have discount condition type in billing document which is assigned to a value filed and that goes as a positive value in COPA ($100). If we have to give exact same discount to the customer in the form of a creditmemo with same condition type, that goes to COPA as a negative value (-$50). Total dicount given to customer is $150 but the report shows $50 because of the sign inconsistncy. is there something wrong in my design.

Thanks

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks for clarifying the point.

I think your issue may be with the following setting:

in TC Ke4I "COPA: Assignment of SD conditions to value fields" the is a column labelled "Transfer +/-".

If you mark one of those check boxes and hit F1 to see the documentation, you will read that not ticking that checkbox results in exactly the behaviour you describe:

a credit posting from a billing document will results in a reverse sign in COPA compared to a credit posting from a credit memo. Same for debit postings.

So I'd say you should consider ticking that check-box for the conditions types that are used both in credit memos and billing documents (but only after examining if that might have other, undesired consequences).

Regards

Nikolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again -

If I Check that +/- check box, discounts from billing docuemt goes to COPA as negative and From creditmemo to COPA as positive. It would give the same inconsistant result as I explained. Just to give you more info..our credit memos work like this:

They are stand alone documents with out referring to Billing document ( mostly), with only one condition type. Condition value is entered manually and a reason code is selected. Based on the reaosn code, COPA user exit 005 assigns right value field. any thoughts ?

Thanks

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is probably the most confusing part in SAP....

The way that I have caified it in my mind is that the system tries to keep the sign in COPA positive.

So for revenue (price) condition types, a CR in FI will be positive in COPA

For discount (Discount) condition types, a DT in FI will be positive in COPA

For direct postings, assessments and settlements, a DT in FI will be positive in COPA

Now for the exceptions:

For expense reimbursements - I have always only used it as part of accruals, then the +/- indicator needs to be on, and then the sign behaves like it does for revenues.

If a condition type can be either positive or negative, OR

if a condition type appears more than once in a pricing procedure, with differing signs,

then the +/- indicator also needs to be switched on.

What I am busy doing is building a spreadsheet with all possible combinations of condition class, poting in FI and =/- indicator, with postings that actually takes place. Hopefully I will understand it once I have a complete scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

And I just found another exception, If you do a direct posting with a Cost element category 11, a CT in FI, will be a positive in COPA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is what I concluded finally - When we create a credit memo with out referencing a billing document we ought to have a condition type that needs a value to be entered manually and that condition type has to be of 'price in nature' not a discount in nature in SD then only customer get credit. So, weather I put '+/-' on or off, COPA will still get a -ve value coz it is just like revenue due to the nature of condition type. My requirement was, 1) to have this credit given to customer through Cr memo treated as discount and at the same time I also have the same dicount value field gets value from billing. What I did: Through user exit COPA005, I am having the sign reversed in COPA. Thanks for your help.

KP

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

See Note 52849 - INFO- Transfer of conditions with + - signs..... It explains very beautifully and also a summary at the end

Also see, Note 33178 - INFO + & - sign logic in CO-PA SD-FI interface.. It says that manual postings from FI to COPA has to mapped differently than SD postings

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Note 52849 would have been MUCH more useful if SAP had just gone to the next level of detail, and specified which kind of posting each condition class is (E.g. Discounts, vs prices vs taxes vs Expense reimbursements) rather than the generic 'revenues' and "discouns" it currently uses.

And also, what the influence of the positive/negative/positive and negative indicator on the condition type is.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think we have a prof obligation to raise an OSS note to SAP to update the note with the desired information to make it more comprehensive...

I wish the moderators who are SAP employees are watching this thread and can help us out in getting this done...

br, Ajay M

Answers (0)