Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameters symbols for the characteristics for Inc / Acc Log

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created few fields in the More Accident Data tab ( Val. Assgn Type: SAP_EHS_1103_001) for object IAL using the Classification system. (Created characteristics for thefields and have assigned it to the class:SAP_EHS_1103_001).

Is it possible to create the Parameter Symbols for these fields, so that its value can be displayed in Inc / Acc report? and how?

Regards,

Niraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

This is possible did in Galfar.

You created char for fields.You assign this to class.

Assign this class to value assignment type in SPRO.

I did this and it is possible but not remembering exactly.

You try above.I will explore and will let u know.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

This is possible did in Galfar.

You created char for fields.You assign this to class.

Assign this class to value assignment type in SPRO.

I did this and it is possible but not remembering exactly.

You try above.I will explore and will let u know.

Regards

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhijt,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it can be done.

When I added characteristics to the class: SAP_EHS_1103_001, and then I ran the tcode: CGCZ, I could see the Specification symbols for the characteristics I added in SPRO: Check and Specify Report symbols.

But symbols for the iAL are normally the parameters symbols, so that I took the reference of the Specification symbols created for those charcteristics and created the Parameters symbols.

I used these symbols in the template and its working fine now.

Regards,

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Niraj..

I am not sure whether my problem is similar to yours ... I tried to load a specifications. while loading it was giving me a error in LSMW saying "characteristics ZEHS_MIC_GROUP_1020 is not assigned to value assignment type"... I dont have a clue on this error... I checked whether this characteristic is there or not for class(ZEHS_1020_001 AND ZEHS_1020_001) I am assigning.. first it was not there.. Then I created that characteristic using CT03 and then I have assigned that to my class using CL03 (class type-100)t-code.. But still I am getting same error after that... what is that value assignment type,I think it is class... how to assign a value assignment type to characteristics..

thank you.

If you can contact me at ramfrd at gmail dot com

thank you.,you can explain it here by replying too

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The value assignment type is an own object with EH&S.

A Value Assignment Type (VAT) can link to a Class from class type 100.

Normally the VAT and the class are named the same.

You need to create your value assignment type in the EH&S customizing activity 'Specify Value Assignment Type'.

Use Value Assignment Category "A - Normal Property (with class)" when doing so.

Hope this helps

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a small addition to Mark´s comment... you need to assign the characteristics (CT04) to the class (type 100, CL02), and the class to the VAT (SPRO).

Once you do this, you need to run activity "Set Up Table-Based Value Assignment", so the structure is created, and then assign the VAT to a property tree...

But... I'm curious, you said you are using LSMW to upload specifications... how are you doing it? I tried myself, but as far as I know, it is not possible...