cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit Of Measure ( UOM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am working on the implementation of lubricant industry. I am facing a issue that is my base unit of measure if Liters. I am declaring production on two stages on is on Semi finish stage that is bulk Oil produced. Other is at finished producted stage where i m filling the oil in diffrent containers example 1 liters , 2 liters....

Lets assume My one FG is 1 liters, for that I have BOM components .. 1 lit oil, 1 container & 1 cap.

Client packs the FG is cartons 1 carton capacity = 20 Nos of 1 liters containers.

Kindly help me how I can consume carton for during my FG confirmation.

Please help me to get diffrent options available.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

For sure you will be having two BoMs now Manufacturing BoM (Lubricated Oil) and Packaging BoM (Packed SFG in different size of Packing).

I came across to such situation especially in packing industries and I believe the whole decision for packaging BoM revolves around the decision,

'What is the Base (Stock Keeping) Unit of Measure for Finished Good?'

Scenario1: If the FG Base UoM is Container or Bottle

Then: Proposed option by Chetan will do for you.

Excetion: Try to design BoM in such a way that it should accomodate Pallet (which probably) may be the highest Packing Unit.

Scenario2: If FG Base UoM is Carton or Box

Then: You can use BoM Base UoM as 1 Container and Box and then accomodate required materials as BoM items.

Excetion: Try to design BoM in such a way that it should accomodate Pallet (which probably) may be the highest Packing Unit.

Regards,

Shoyeb

Edited by: Shoyeb A on Mar 21, 2011 9:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Cn u pls tel wot do u intend to do when you say that you want to consume the carton. If i correctly understand, you wish to use carton as a BOM item for your FG. If this is the case, then you must assign 1 carton to the "packing activity" of the routing of production order having a lot size of 20 nos.(You need not change the base unit of measure)

This carton is to be posted against the prod.. order alongwith other components like container, cap and oil.

The scenario will look as below:

Prod. order for FG: lot size- 20 nos.

1. container-20 pc (ROH)

2. cap- 20 pc (ROH)

3. Oil- 20 lit (HALB)

4. Carton- 1 pc (ROH)

Please revert back in case u feel the need to discuss further.

Regards,

Chetan.

Edited by: chetan puraswani on Mar 21, 2011 4:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to material master and go additional data tab and maintain alternatives units of measurement as container.