cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, your browser/program is not supported by Web Dynpro - IE 9 / Win 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we are working on browser compatability applications and providing browser compatability for IE 9 in Win 7 environment

we are getting the following error message when trying to access the webdynpro application from IE 9 browser in

WIN 7 .

Sorry, your browser/program is not supported by Web Dynpro!

can any one please help on the issue .

Thanks

murali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I had the same issue, I am using Win 8.1, when I tried executing the Web dynpro application I got the error in the Browser as "You are calling this web site with a browser that is not supported" .

I solved it the following way:

For IE 11 in Win 8.1,

Open Tools-->Compatibilty View Settings-->Add the website link(web dynpro application link, it gets displayed automatically)-->OK .

Restart IE.

Open the Webdynpro application link.

Regards,

Shubharaj.

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Modern browsers provide backward compatibility such that you can make your latest browser behave as an old one. The following article just answers your question -

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-28709

I hope it helps resolve your problem !

Thanks and Regards,

-Amol Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using IE8 or later along with windows 7, this error may be displayed. Solution is that while this page opens click on compatibility view option on address bar represented as a broken page. Your page will now be backward compatible and will open...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

If you get any error like Sorry, your browser/program is not supported by Web Dynpro! then add your page to compatability view to add your page to compatability view click on Tools-->click on Compatability View option on your Browser.

Thanks,

rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

In IE9 press ALT button, go to Tools, select Compatibility view. That's it!

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear All,

as of now only Internet Explorer version 8 and Firefox version 3.6 are supported. Hence, we recommend to use only these browsers. Please check details on supported browsers in PAM. We do not have any information about any specific release date at this time IE9, FF4 and other new browsers will only be available after they have been tested fully and all the issues are fixed. Only then we will be able to support them. As of now it is not possible to support IE9 and FF4. We are currently evaluating the support of these browsers and the information about the same will be updated in the Product Availability

Matrix.

The workaround specified in SAP Note No. 1347768 is specific to IE8 and has only been tested with it.

SAP Note No. 1524910 on the other hand is specific to SAP Netweaver 7.30 release.

Also the workarounds suggested for IE9 and FF4 does not guarantee that the WebDynpro applications will completely work with these browsers. This is simply to enable the WebDynpro applications to run on these browsers.

We will update PAM at Service Market Place as soon as we start supporting IE9 and FF4.

Best Regards,

Ervin

former_member182598
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer to SAP Note 1347768. It's for IE 8 but i don't see any reason why it won't work for IE 9.

Thanks

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this:

1.) In IE 9, Press F12

2.) At top toolbar, Choose Browser mode: Internet Explorer 8

3.) That's it!

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali

We had exactly the same issue. When you have a portal which "wrapps" the webdynpro, then you could use the following meta-tag in the header of the portal: meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7"...

see: [http://www.thesitewizard.com/webdesign/prepare-your-site-for-ie8.shtml]

Withhin this line of code in your header / head (in the portal you've to put it in the masthead) you can enforce the "compatibility-mode" of the browser. Then it will probably work - sadly we couln't test it ourself till now but w'll implement it in about 2-3 weeks...

Best regards

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check my thread here:

My problem is in firefox 4 but its probably the same issue. There is a work around in visual admin described in this note:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1347768

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Try this setting in the brower this was working for IE8 + Vista.

IE -- Tools -- compatibility view settings -- (check box) display all web settings in compatibility view

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

IE 9 is not supported. You need to change the browser or wait for the next patch update.

Cheers!!!

Umang

rolf_paulsen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you may try to set the user agent string.

This is the user agent string for IE8 is something like

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1)

This may be done by a user agent switcher, i.e.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/18450/change-the-user-agent-string-in-internet-explorer-8/

(maybe works for IE 9 too)

Regards,

Rolf

Edited by: Rolf Paulsen on Mar 30, 2011 12:42 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The set of supported browsers is explicitly defined inside the Web Dynpro runtime (in a property file). Obviously for your Web Dynpro version, IE9 is not included. So you have to wait for a service pack that includes IE9 support.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what kind of help you are expecting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

A fix for the problem...what else do you think someone would be expecting?!