cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2010 SP1 on IIS 7.0 - Report is not being displayed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Finally, the keycode assembly, BusinessObjects.Licensing.KeycodeDecoder.dll error is gone, after I installed Crystal Runtime 2010 SP1. Also, I tested Crystal Report 2010 SP1 on my Windows 32 application and I can tell that I do not have this error anymore and report is being displayed properly.

But Crystal Report is not being displayed on ASP.NET page on MS Server 2008 standard edition SP2 with IIS 7.0. Database resides on iSeries remote machine.

The MS Server 2008 is virtual machine.

OS system has:

Crystal Report Basic Runtime for Visual Studio 2008

SAP Crystal Reports Runtime engine for .NET Framework 4 (32-bit)

Simply the report is not being displayed at all. No errors are being recorded in the Event Viewer.

Nothing happens; excerpt the page is Loadingu2026 and Waiting for u2018website nameu2019 in the left lower corner of Firefox web browser.

Here is the code behind aspx page with a command button - very simple:

using CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine;

using CrystalDecisions.Shared;

protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

ReportDocument crReportDocument;

Database crDatabase;

Tables crTables;

// CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.Table crTable;

TableLogOnInfo crTableLogOnInfo;

ConnectionInfo crConnectionInfo;

crConnectionInfo = new ConnectionInfo();

//Set server name

crConnectionInfo.ServerName = this._strServerName;

//set database name

crConnectionInfo.DatabaseName = this._strDatabaseName;

crConnectionInfo.UserID = this._strUserID;

crConnectionInfo.Password = this._strUserPassword;

//Set integrated security

crConnectionInfo.IntegratedSecurity = false;

crReportDocument = new ReportDocument();

crReportDocument.Load(Server.MapPath("~/crystal-reports/TransformerLoad/TransLoadMonthlyMax.rpt"));

crDatabase = crReportDocument.Database;

//Set all tables from current report file

crTables = crReportDocument.Database.Tables;

//crTableLogOnInfo.ConnectionInfo = crConnectionInfo;

//Apply schema name to the table's location

foreach (CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.Table _crTable in crTables)

{

crTableLogOnInfo = _crTable.LogOnInfo;

crTableLogOnInfo.ConnectionInfo = crConnectionInfo;

_crTable.ApplyLogOnInfo(crTableLogOnInfo);

//Check if database table name starts

if (_crTable.Location.StartsWith("XFMRSMAX", StringComparison.CurrentCulture) ||

_crTable.Location.StartsWith("XFMRSMIN", StringComparison.CurrentCulture))

{

//_crTable.Location = this._strSchemaName + "." + _crTable.Location.Remove(8) + Convert.ToInt32(Request.QueryString\"ReportYear\");

_crTable.Location = "XFMRSMAX09";

}

else

{

_crTable.Location = _crTable.Location;

}

}

this.CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = crReportDocument;

}

This code runs on my development machine Win XP SP3

OS system has:

This code also runs on another development server - Windows XP SP3 (IIS 5.1)

OS system has:

ispnet_client folder has IUSR user and this user has read permissions to this folder. I even tried to change the permissions to Read & Execute.

I am developing my reports using Crystal Reports 2008 SP2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Serghei

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd be interested to see this simplified to a saved data report - no DB logon code - as a test...

Make sure that app pool is set to 32 bit.

Make sure the viewers directory is configured correctly. See the following articles:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50aa68c0-82dd-2b10-42bf-e5502b45c...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0437ea8-97d2-2b10-2795-c202a76a5...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Thank you for your response.

I checked the web.config file, all http handlers are there. I think the handlers are required to render the images on crystal report viewer but in my case the report viewer is not being rendered.

I have to questions:

1. What exact folders should be under aspnet_client\system_web?

In my case I have structure like this

aspnet_client\system_web\2_0_50727\crystalreportviewers13

aspnet_client\system_web\4_0_30319\crystalreportviewers13

Should I have folders something like this

aspnet_client\system_web\2_0_50727\crystalreportviewers13_1

aspnet_client\system_web\4_0_30319\crystalreportviewers13_1

after I installed Crystal Reports 2010 SP1

Also, in C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET 4.0\Common\Crystal Reports 2011\ there is no folder named as crystalreportviewers13 but instead crystalreportviewers

a. Should I copy all files from this folder to aspnet_client\system_web\2_0_50727\crystalreportviewers13, or

b. Should I copy all files from this folder to aspnet_client\system_web\2_0_50727\crystalreportviewers13 and rename this folder to

crystalreportviewers

2. Can you explain how to get a data report?

This is the quote from your previous answer

I'd be interested to see this simplified to a saved data report - no DB logon code - as a test...

Thank you Serghei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

This has been resolved.

Hopefully my answer will help to save your development time.

If you have any Crystal Report runtimes previously installed on your production machine, in my case

-Crystal Reports Basic Runtime for Visual Studio 2008 (Version 10.5.3700.0)

-SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .NET Framework 4(32- bit)

and you decide to migrate to Crystal Reports 2010 SP1 make sure you update all folders and files

after you complete the installation of CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_1.msi

Back up all folders and files EXCEPT ActiveXControls folder from

I just created a new folder and named this folder backup and moved all files and folders to the newly created folder.

If for some reasons you cannot move the folder you should stop IIS Server. In my case I could not move js folder.

Copy all files and folders from C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET 4.0\Common\Crystal Reports 2011\crystalreportviewers\ to

Also I can confirm that I can run any reports (Version 10.5.3700.0). I just left Crystal Reports Basic Runtime for Visual Studio 2008 on my system.

Serghei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Serghei Timotin,

As this is my first type of message to SAP forum, I found your issue is very important to know and get resolved. I have faced the same problem as you. I am currently working on an Asp.Net web project, while everything is going nicely, the problem you faced stops me from getting forward. To be more clear I want to depict the environment I am working on.

1. Windows Vista Service Pack 2

2. Visual Studio 10

3. .Net Frameworks (2.0 to 4.0) are installed

4. IIS 7.0

5. CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine Engine (10.2.3600.0, 13.0.2000.0) are there in assemply folder, and

6. SAP Crystal Repors runtime engine for .Net Framework 4 (32-bit), SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio 10

The above points could have might say something.

Additional information, the project is developed under .Net Framework 3.0.To solve the problem, I did everything you posted, but the problem is not solved. Do you have any ideas based on the environment I have?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please read my previous post on other thread. This should help you to resolve the issue you have.

[http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1851043&start=0&tstart=0]

Some important points:

1) If you work with Visual Studio 2005/2008 - use Crystal Report 10.5.3700.0 runtime

2) For Visual Studio 2010 - CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_1. This is very important. You should install Runtime SP1. The number at the end indicates the service pack number.

CRRuntime_32bit_13_0 the initial release and causes the problem.

3) Do not have both runtimes 10 and 13 on the same machine. I had so many problems having both on the same machine, so I got a fresh OS install.

In my case, I have Crystal Reports 2008, Visual Studio 2008 and Crystal Runtime 10 on my laptop. I am using Crystal Report 2008 to develop all reports. You can use the virtual machine to create your second development environment. My main development machine has Visual Studio 2010 and Crystal Report for Visual Studio SP1.

Serghei

Former Member
0 Kudos

I faced the same problem, here is the details:

Working Environment:

1- Windows 7 SP1

2- Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate

3- SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio 2010 only

4- .net framework 4

Symptoms:

1- When developing web sites with crystal reports, no problems at all, everything working as expected.

2- When developing web applications, while running the application by pressing CTRL+F5 everything is OK also.

3- BUT when deploying the web application to IIS, the web page becomes BLANK.

Solution:

1- Make sure the .net framework you are developing against in VS 2010 is .net 4 and also in DefaultAppPool is .net 4.

2- Copy aspnet_client from inetpub directory(C:\inetpub) inside your application directory.

3- This solved my problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have the issue with crystal report deployment , my asp.net web application works on localhost,but does not work on web server 2008. any suggestions please .... urgent.. thanks in advance ....

what i have tried so far...

1) my web application made on 32-bit windows ...

2) i would like to deploy on 64-bit .... so i have installed 64 bit run time for crystal report 13.0.2000.0 .

3) my web application is working but the crystal report pages are empty ...

4)one more thing ... when i published my web folder i found the package folder doesnot have any .rpt file .

5)i have copied one of the .rpt file manually but still no sign for crystalreportviwer on web page ...

please help

Answers (0)