cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Deploy using NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have installed SAP Enterprise Portal (NW 7.01) on IP 10.251.21.50. But due to security purpose, this IP is not made available to users, rather than a NATed IP (10.251.64.62) has been provided to access portal. DNS entry has been maintained as dcepdev.xyz.in (10.251.64.62).

Required ports have been opened for accessing portal, SDM, Message Server etc. (ports 50000, 3900, 50018).

We are using SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio for development and deploying WebDynpro applications. We specified the following in NWDS -

Message Server Host (SAP J2EE Engine): dcepdev.xyz.in

Message Server: 3900

J2EE engine perspective of NWDS shows green. But when we deploy any WebDynpro application, we get the following error -

Mar 22, 2011 11:07:33 AM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[004]Deployment aborted

Settings

SDM host : 10.251.21.50

SDM port : 50018

URL to deploy : file:/C:/Users/user1/AppData/Local/Temp/temp207test.com~testdc.ear

Deployment exception : Server 10.251.21.50 did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server 10.251.21.50 at port 50018: Connection timed out: connect

Inner exception was :

Server 10.251.21.50 did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server 10.251.21.50 at port 50018: Connection timed out: connect

Can you please help us sorting out the problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abdulbasit
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you see in the log, NWDS is trying to deploy to the port 10.251.21.50 even you use dns name dcepdev.xyz.in which have NATed to 10.251.64.62.

I had the similar issue before. After tracing the network packets I realized that, NWDS finds the correct ip (10.251.64.62) at first and starts to deployment process. During deployment, somehow IP changes to 10.251.21.50 and NWDS starts to give connection error. I guess, during deployment process, server returns and original IP to the NWDS and NWDS starts to use this IP instead of NATed.

Regards

Abdul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Abdul.

Can you please tell me how you solved this problem.

Regards,

Sudip

abdulbasit
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a solution. I just wanted to help you to find out the reason.

Abdul.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

to be able to deploy a WDJ application (EAR) on the NetWeaver Java server you need:

- the admin credentials of SDM

- be able to connect to the SDM port

- SDM running on the server.

If you cannot deploy your application check if the SDM server is running on the server and that the port is 5NN18. If this isn't working, you can still send the EAR file to a BASIS person that has access to the server or use NWDI.

br,.

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

All conditions are true for us -

-> the admin credentials of SDM - We are using admin credential to log on to SDM

-> be able to connect to the SDM port - SDM port is open for that NATed IP

-> SDM running on the server - SDM is running in server

For the time being, we are already deploying our application using SDM RemoteGUI. This takes a lot of time (transfering the file to portal server and then deploy)

But problem still persists while we use SDM.

Regards,

Sudip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudip,

Better try to uninstall the NWDS & install it again.

Thanks,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudip,

Try to open the port 50004. Hope i think this will surely work.

Thanks,

Arun V G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for your reply.

50004 port is already open. But still we are unable to deploy the application.

Can you please tell me any other way out.

Regards,

Sudip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudip,

Pls try the following steps,

1. Try to PING & TELNET the ip & port whether its opened or not

2. Use administrator login for deploying

I think the problem is pertaining with the port.

Thanks,

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Actual host of portal is not accessible from anywhere. We are using NATed IP to access portal. Ports in that IP are open.

But somehow NWDS gets the actual portal host IP and tries to connect there.

Regards,

Sudip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudip,

Correct me if am wrong. I understood from the above point that you are accessing portal using NATed ip but during deployment NWDS using actual ip..

If i`m right then i thnk you have to check with BASIS person. I`m not sure.

Thanks,

Arun V G