cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diferrence between 2lis_02_hdr and 2lis_02_itm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am planing to use this two datasources: 2lis_02_it, and 2lis_02_hdr. But, I am not really sure why should I use the header if I use the item. Thats my question, if I use item, which are the reasons to user header? Both datasource use the same tables and I think that everything is in header is also in item, isn´t?

Thanks in advance,

Judith.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In some datasources, a field that has in header can not be included in item although this field is an header field. So, in a like this case you should use header datasource. Also, if you use item datasource, you will get more records than header datasource. This will be affected your loading performance and also reporting performance. You should take care these points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Huseyin Akturk ,

Thanks for your answering, but I was expecting an answer for this case exactly. As I have seen that fields needs for header are also being use in the item. I want the functional reason to use header also, even I am going to need item.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please, does anyone has used this datasource?

former_member188011
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Judith:

The difference is the 2LIS_02_ITM DataSource extracts data from 3 Tables (EKKO, EKPA and EKPO) while the 2LIS_02_HDR extracts data only from 2 Tables (EKKO and EKPA).

Regards,

Francisco Milán.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Judith,

Main difference between Header level and Item level is granularity.

Both will give the information but in item level you will get deep level of information.

Header Level:

This DataSource provides information about the header data of a purchasing document, such as vendor, purchasing organization, order currency, and so on.

In the SAP R/3 system, information about the header data of a purchasing document is contained in the table EKKO (Purchasing Document Header).

Note that if you change a purchasing document, the system only takes into consideration the data that is relevant for extraction. The system therefore only executes a delta update for this DataSource if changes are made to purchasing document header data that has a corresponding field in the DataSource.

Item Level:

This DataSource provides information about the header date of a purchasing document, such as vendor, purchasing organization, and purchase order currency, as well as information about the item data, such as material, purchase order quantity, order unit, net price, and so on.

In the ERP system, information about the header data of a purchasing document is contained in the table EKKO (Purchasing Document Header). The table EKPO (Purchasing Document Item) contains the item data.

Note that if you change a purchasing document, the system only takes into consideration the data that is relevant for extraction. The system therefore only executes a delta update for this DataSource if changes are made to purchasing document header data or item data that has a corresponding field in the DataSource.

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Md Zubair Sha for your answering.

But I have already looked in help sap before I put this post. I continue without knowing why do I need to use 2lis_02_header if I am also going to use 2lis_02_itm. Item covers all the functionality, please someone could tell me a reason to use header if I am using item?

Many thanks.

Judith.