cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure alert in CRM Web UI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am new to CRM 7.0, I want some information about how to configure the SAP CRM alerts in Web UI Homepage.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dinesh Deshpande

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First you have to create alerts. Some are predelivered but you can create also your own one. To do that go to spro>crm>basic functions>alert management and choose the last option. There you will see some predelivered alerts and as I said, you can create your own one. Basicly you specify how long is alert valid, who is the recepient of alert, text that is shown when alert is delivered and you can define also container parameters.

To triggere alert, you have basicly 2 option:

- via coding (e.g. function module or program) where you can use function SALRT_CREATE_API and there you can specify which alert is send, who are the recepients and you can pass container parameteres

- via actions where you can use method TRIGGER_ALERT (this option is customizing approach but is less dynamical)

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I was configuring alert for our CRM system. I have defined an alert classification and an alert category inside it with containers and text for it.

Now my question is, how do we trigger alert using program or FM as you have said above.

I mean how will our z program or FM(that will call SALRT_CREATE_API)  be triggered when a new complaint is generated?

Regards,

Shahrukh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I used the method TRIGGER_ALERT.

You can define actions with transaction code: CRMC_ACTION_DEF

and configure actions with: CRMC_ACTION_CONF

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stefan,

What would be the condition to be used in the action profile for this kinda scenario(for triggering alert).

You reply is highly appreciated.