cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFC number uniqueness for SAP ME objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the base SAP ME an SFC number must be unique across the application. This may be the limitation if there are several sites running on the same SAP ME instance and having the same SFC numbers.

I cannot find any documentation describing what numbers/IDs must be unique within a site, what must be unique within the application, are there any system rules that affect uniqueness of these numbers.

What is the scope for each of following the serial numbers:

- SFC

- Shop Order

- Process Lot

- RMA

- Container

- Incident

- Slot

- Inventory

- Customer Order

- Component Hold

- ECO Number

- Vertical Reference Number

- Horisontal Reference Number

- Test Plan configuration

- CNC Program ID

- Batch Number

Thanks

Ivan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

The IDs which must be unique are stored in ID_USED table. Please find below its description:

'This business object defines the mechanism used to record ID's (SFCs, Shop Orders and

Process Lots) for long-term retention.'

Regards,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I aware of the ID_USED table. The problem is that for example Shop Order must be unique within a site and SFC must be unique within the application. How can I figure this out from the table? Moreover how can I configure SFC to be unique within the site?

Thanks

Ivan

0 Kudos

Ivan,

You don't have to configure anything to make SFC or Shop Order unique within the Site. It is unique by default.

There is no base functionalit to make SFC unique 'within application'. SFC can have the same number on different Sites.

Regards,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no base functionalit to make SFC unique 'within application'. SFC can have the same number on different Sites.

According to my research I configured next number maintenance on one site to match SFC number on another site. Guess what... It generates next number for me taking into account all the SFCs on the other site.

In other words I have site TEST1 with SFCs TEST11, TEST12. On another site TEST2 I defined next number for SFC to generate numbers starting from TEST11. However for the firs SFC on site TEST2 the generated number was TEST13. Is it a defect?

Thanks

Ivan

0 Kudos

Ivan,

I retested this functionality and found that Shop Order must be unique for the Site and SFC 'within application' as you mentioned above. I am wondered about different approaches for the business objects which IDs are stored in the same ID_USED table.

Can someone comment this?

Regards,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Historically base code generates SFCs unique in the application scope. There is one more category that is also unqiue in the app scope: SO Batch number.

As far as I see for all other objects the scope is SITE by default.

There are some internal use cases, like create trackable SFC, when internally SFCs are generated in the SITE scope.

Thanks,

Mikhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail,

Is there any way to configure/extend ME to generate SFCs in the SITE scope?

Thanks

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

As far as I know there are no publicly approved ways to do that. In addition, there were reasons why the base code generates SFCs in the application scope, so I believe for the stability of the system it is better to keep it that way.

However, so far I don't believe it ever came to us as a serious complaint. Sure enough, frequently customers customize the SFC generation and sometimes it is hard to achieve with the core functionality.

However, if the task is just to assoicate some corporate serial number with SFC, then you can consider using sfc custom data.

Thanks,

Mikhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mikhail,

I just wanted to be sure that I didn't missed anything in configuration for this matter.

Answers (0)