cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWL not loading

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using ESS/MSS. When I log into the portal my UWL is not loading. Even after 5 min it doesnt gets loaded.

I have tried clearing browser cache, all browser related things. Nothing helps.

Can any one help me in this.

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Did anyone Solve this issue? We are having the same with our Portal NW 7.01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you found the cause and solution to this issue? I also encountered the same situation in my customer's portal.

Only for one user it is showing white blank page, while other users do not encounter the problem. Definitely not authorisation issue as they are having same roles and authorisation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yuki,

Are you using any other contents other than UWL in that particular view like reminder of dates,etc?

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash

0 Kudos

Did you solve this problem. we are having the same with our NW Portal 7.01.

armandozaro
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Swarnaprakash!

I'm not sure I could understand perfectly what you wanted to mean with "my UWL is not loading", but I presume that it stays trying to load the UWL application and nothing happens after that. Maybe there is some problem with the UWL iview you are in fact using. As you described, you are going through the MSS/ESS in order to get to the UWL and pull items relative to MSS/ESS content.

A good try would be to check whether the standard UWL iview is also facing the same issue or not. In order to do so, go to the Content Administration role and proceed to the following location:

Portal Content -> Content Provided by SAP -> End User Content -> Standard Portal Users -> iViews -> com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.iviews -> Universal Worklist

Try previewing this iview and check whether the same "not loading" issue will occur.

If this is the case and this iview is also unresponsive, try turning off all the connectors which are defined within UWL in order to check if some of them can be the cause of the issue. In order to get to the connectors screen to be able to turn off them, proceed with the following steps in your portal:

System Administration -> System Configuration -> Universal Worklist & Workflow -> Universal Worklist - Administration

Click on the "Deactivate" button for each of the connectors registered within UWL.

If this is the case and when previewing the UWL iview the same loads without the previous delay, it means that you have a problem with one of the connectors registered within UWL.

Hope this helps!

Best regards

Armando Zaro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armando Zaro,

Many thanks for your suggestion. I have checked the UWL in content admin. It is fine.

In my case, i have tested with some user id's. For one user id UWL is loading and fetching the items.

But for some user id's, the UWL itself not loading or only the UWL is loading but it is not fetching the items. It looks almost inconsistent.

Can you please suggest where to exactly pitch in as I am new to ESS/MSS.

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

going by your issue description, It may so happen that those user ids do not have any workitems in their inbox and so the uwl inbox appears empty.

as a basic step to test, try assigning some work items to those user ids and see if they are able to view any.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

I have checked for the work items. Many items are there for id's which the UWL is not loading.

The issue I am facing is, let say I have 4 user id's and all the 4 had some work items. The problem is for 2 user id's the UWL is

loading fine and fetching the items. But for the other 2, either the UWL is not loading or it loads but not fetching the items.

Some of my users are facing this issue. We tried clearing cache and cookies but still the problem pesist.

Can anyone advise on this?

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do a user comparison between the user that is working versus the user that is not. I am suspecting possible authorization issues in the backend. However, if you do the following:

Raise the trace level and reproduce the issue. For 7.0 release do the following:

- Open the services tree in Visual Administrator.

- Go to "Log Configurator" service.

- On the "Runtime" tab, in the right-hand pane,

select the "Locations" sub-tab. Look at the

"Log Controllers" tree.

- Expand to: ROOT LOCATION/com/sap/netweaver/bc/uwl.

- Click "uwl".

- Change the severity to level "All".

- Click the "Copy severity to subtree" button

to update the change to all subcomponents.

- Click the "Apply" button to save changes.

Now try to access again with the user. My guess is when you access the log file after reproduction you will find errors in the trace for the user (do a ctrl+F to search for the user in the trace file) like that they are missing authorizations to certain function groups. However, since two of your users are working ok, then the issue is probably not with the application, but with your users or groups.

Check the logs for errors related to those specific users. Also clear the personalizations that the users have on the UWL:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/05/fe8ef669674991a4205666694b9c85/content.htm

Beth Maben

EP - Senior Support Consultant

AGS Primary Support, Business Suite & Technology

• Please see the UWL Wiki @

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/bpx/uwl+faq ***

p_k3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swarnaprakash,

were you able to resolve your problem? IF yes please share your solution so that I too can try it. I am also facing similar problem. For one user the iview is not loading at all.

regards

--

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check SAP Inbox Tcode SBWP for workitems, if work items are available then you need configure delta pull.

check this link.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20bc6e3d-4243-2e10-fa96-f3ec59f8b...

Thanks,

santosh

0 Kudos

Did you solve this issue?