cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to load database information in Crystal Reports Server 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a report that conects both to Informix and Oracle.

To connect with Informix I use a ODBC conection (RDO) and to Oracle an Oracle Server connection.

I hope the spelling is correct since I use Spanish language.

It's strange that when I test it with BusinessObjects XI Release 2 product (F5 key), it retrieves all the data succesfully, but when I save it in the Business Object repository and try to View it I always get the "Failed to load database information" error.

I have tried to revise all the report database configuration details in the Central Management Console but I am always getting that error.

¿Any advice?

¿Where can I see more details of the error? ¿maybe in a log file?

I have tried something I found browsing the Internet but I have still found any solution.

Any help will be apretiated.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Did you setup the ODBC DSN and the oracle driver on your BO server also?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. I uploaded some images at:

[http://img714.imageshack.us/g/oracle1b.png/]

0 Kudos

You should be using BO XI 3.0 or XI 3.1 with Crystal Reports 2008. CR reports build with CR 2008 are not officially supported on XI R2 servers.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

I downloaded all products a few months ago from [http://www.sap.com/solutions/sapbusinessobjects/sme/freetrials/index.epx]

Crystal Reports XI (older version)

and

SAP Crystal Reports 2008

What product should I try to have that BO version?

I am a bit confused with names products and versions.

0 Kudos

Sorry my mistake I was confused due to the reference of BO XI R2.

You should use the CR 2008 Designer to build reports that can be published on the CR 2008 Server.

I assume that this is what you are doing.

A question: Did you install CR Server 2008 on 64bit WIndows?

Can you provide the exact versions of the Informix and Oracle servers and clients?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oracle server is 10gR2

Informix Dynamic Server Version 10.00.FC7

CR is all installed on Windows Server 2003 (32 bits)

Oracle client is 10.2.0

Informix client is Informix3.11

The editor is able to connect to Oracle and Informix (see the 4th image) but fails when trying to view the report when its published.

We have another report that connects only to Informix and it works both in the Editor and when its published.

Antonio

0 Kudos

Can you please try to build a simple report that get only data form oracle and see if it works?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created one to connect to to Oracle but fails in the same way.

The editor is able to retrieve the data but from the repository I gets the same error message.

"Error en el archivo InformeOracle: No se pudo cargar la información de la base de datos. "

Edited by: AntonioLM on Mar 28, 2011 3:08 PM