I have a report that conects both to Informix and Oracle.
To connect with Informix I use a ODBC conection (RDO) and to Oracle an Oracle Server connection.
I hope the spelling is correct since I use Spanish language.
It's strange that when I test it with BusinessObjects XI Release 2 product (F5 key), it retrieves all the data succesfully, but when I save it in the Business Object repository and try to View it I always get the "Failed to load database information" error.
I have tried to revise all the report database configuration details in the Central Management Console but I am always getting that error.
¿Where can I see more details of the error? ¿maybe in a log file?
I have tried something I found browsing the Internet but I have still found any solution.
Any help will be apretiated.
Thanks in advance
Yes. I uploaded some images at:
I downloaded all products a few months ago from [http://www.sap.com/solutions/sapbusinessobjects/sme/freetrials/index.epx]
Crystal Reports XI (older version)
SAP Crystal Reports 2008
What product should I try to have that BO version?
I am a bit confused with names products and versions.
Sorry my mistake I was confused due to the reference of BO XI R2.
You should use the CR 2008 Designer to build reports that can be published on the CR 2008 Server.
I assume that this is what you are doing.
A question: Did you install CR Server 2008 on 64bit WIndows?
Can you provide the exact versions of the Informix and Oracle servers and clients?
Oracle server is 10gR2
Informix Dynamic Server Version 10.00.FC7
CR is all installed on Windows Server 2003 (32 bits)
Oracle client is 10.2.0
Informix client is Informix3.11
The editor is able to connect to Oracle and Informix (see the 4th image) but fails when trying to view the report when its published.
We have another report that connects only to Informix and it works both in the Editor and when its published.
I created one to connect to to Oracle but fails in the same way.
The editor is able to retrieve the data but from the repository I gets the same error message.
"Error en el archivo InformeOracle: No se pudo cargar la información de la base de datos. "
Edited by: AntonioLM on Mar 28, 2011 3:08 PM