cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0 Output for changed purchase order documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

if we change purchase orders we like to send a PO output document for changed purchase orders only if we change certain PO fields in header or items.

What is the functionality in PO - Header - Output - Order and Send Immediatelly ? We thought that this function is the solution!

But independent we press the button <Order and Send Immediatelly > or button <Order> the system creates allways an output document in any cases of PO field changes which will be sent to a supplier (fax, email). How we can control that a PO document only will be created in cases we define ?

Kind Regards

Edited by: Hermann-Josef Wessels on Mar 28, 2011 6:53 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You would have to maintain the view BBPV_COMP_FIELDS via SM30. Define the "Type" (last column) with "I" (Inclusive) only for those fields you would want PO to be output when changed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

thanks for your answer. In table BBPV_COMP_FIELDS I found the following entries for POO PO Output.

POO BBP_PDS_HEADER

POO BBP_PDS_HEADER DESCRIPTION

POO BBP_PDS_HEADER OBJECT_ID

POO BBP_PDS_HEADER PCDAT_TO

POO BBP_PDS_HEADER PCINS

POO BBP_PDS_ITEM BE_OBJECT_ID

POO BBP_PDS_ITEM BE_OBJECT_TYPE

POO BBP_PDS_ITEM BE_OBJ_ITEM

POO BBP_PDS_ITEM DELIV_DATE

Questions

What we have to maintain in table above in detail if we will not have an automatically output ?

In this case we change a PO and we like to control the output complete manually with using the function: Header->Output and press button: <Order and Send Immediatelly>.

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Questions

What we have to maintain in table above in detail if we will not have an automatically output ?

In this case we change a PO and we like to control the output complete manually with using the function: Header->Output and press button: <Order and Send Immediatelly>.

If I understand your requirement correctly, you would like to turn off the output by system completely. If this is true, try to configure it in IMG following the path:

SPRO: SRM Server >> Cross application basic settings >> set output actions and output format >> define actions for document output

Select BBP_PD_PO and double click on "Action Definition". In the Action Definition tab and Action settings section, select the first drop down "Processing Time" to "Processing using selection report". Then the automatic output when PO is ordered should not happen, but when you manually click on the button to send the output.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

many thanks but here is a clarification of the requirement:

1. Automatic created output document if a new PO will be created

2. Manually created output document if a PO will be changed with press button <Order and Send Immediatelly>.

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

2. Manually created output document if a PO will be changed with press button <Order and Send Immediatelly>.

Here are a few points to consider:

1. Let's assume that your PO process involves workflow

2. Triggering the output, regardless of "how" (which is configured in IMG as I mentioned in my previous post), is done in a background task, which is the result of workflow process, i.e. final approval together with changing of status to "Ordered".

3. Point 2 is true for both a newly ordered PO as well as a changed PO getting ordered again.

In order to fulfill your requirement, you would have to differentiate the Create and Change case and trigger the output accordingly. This piece of logic, in my opinion, has to be put in either by enhancement or modification. There would likely be no configuration or BADIs to help you.

What is the reason behind NOT wanting to output the changed PO to the vendors automatically? Normally I'd say the vendors are always entitled to be notified when the content of the PO has changed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

we like to control the output because PO changes for G/L account, cost centre or change from account assigment order to cost centre are not interesting for the supplier and in this cases a PO document should not be sent to the supplier. This was the main reason why we like to use function <Order and Send Immediatelly>.

So I would like to clarify the requirement:

2. Automatic created output document if a PO will be changed but no output if the following fields will be changed:

e.g. for G/L account, cost centre or change from account assigment order to cost centre

So we come back in our discussion to table: BBPV_COMP_FIELDS. There are entries for POO = PO Output and POR = Version comparison for Purchase Order.

Question: Can I use structure name: BBP_PDS_ACC for our requirement. If yes which field-names I have to maintain in detail in this table. If possible I need the entries in detail.

Kind Regards

Edited by: Hermann-Josef Wessels on Mar 30, 2011 9:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

2. Automatic created output document if a PO will be changed but no output if the following fields will be changed:

e.g. for G/L account, cost centre or change from account assigment order to cost centre

Yes, then it is a matter of configuring the view BBPV_COMP_FIELDS. Here are some sample entries for:

Change from account assigment order to cost centre" that you don't want output:

Componen method: POO

Structure name: BBP_PDS_ACC

Field name: ACC_CAT

COMPARE_KIND: E

For G/L account change:

Field name: G_L_ACCT

For Cost center change:

Field name: COST_CTR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

I maintained the entries in table BBPV_COMP_FIELDS but it doesn't work. We allways get an PO document whatever we changed in PO. But it's definetly not good if we sent a changed PO to a supplier only if we changed account assigment. Do you have an additional idea ?

Kind Regards

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hermann-Josef,

If method given by Jay does not work, you could try to create your own processing class using your own processing method (depending on output edition type) and substitute them to the standard ones :

SAP Implementation Guide > SAP Supplier Relationship Management > SRM Server > Set Output Actions and Output Format > Define Actions for Document Output.

Here for action profile BBP_PD_PO and action defintion STANDARD_PO, for each processing type, you have output settings.

Using your own methods, you could execute or not (depending on your own conditions) the output edition.

Regards.

Laurent.

0 Kudos

Hello Hermann,

I realize your thread relates to SRM. We don't use SRM, just ECC 6.0. I don't know if this matters at all or how it may help (flow over fromt the backend ECC to SRM), but I assume you know that the control over change order fields is controlled in the ECC via SPRO config (updates recorded in T166c)?

This may not be relevant to you, and it seems that you must already be aware, but just thought I'd mention it. The SPRO path for MM config to control whether a PO or contract triggers a change output (to be sent to vendor) is:

MM > Purchasing > Messages > Output Control > Fields Relevant to Printouts of Changes

I wonder if there's a standard 'interface' program that can transfer the back end changes into the SRM server? You can see, I'm not very familiar with SRM, so just disregard this if not applicable.

Suzanne