cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Columns in xcelsius Enterprise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

i am the new xcelsius designer. i have some problems want all of you help me.

I want to create dynamic columns in crystal xcelsius.

Is it possible to do that?

if it is possible, Can u tell me how i can do?

and what component should i use?

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Tony,

As per your given statement its not clear that in which scenario you require Dynamic Columns.

1) Is it related to a Spreadsheet or List view

2) Is it related to datasources.

Let me know

Regards,

AnjaniKumar C.A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply

sorry for my confuse question.

in fact, i want to know about cross-tab in xcelsius.

i just know this word.

Is it possible to create cross-tab in xcelsius?

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Its possible to show a Cross tab in Xcelsius.

To be more clear we can get Cross tab information through Live ofiice, where through QaaWS its not possible.

If you are talking about the cross tab presentation in Dashboard i say its possible. You can represent the data in a Spreadsheet.

Regards,

AnjaniKumar C.A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Its possible to show a Cross tab in Xcelsius.

To be more clear we can get Cross tab information through Live ofiice, where through QaaWS its not possible.

If you are talking about the cross tab presentation in Dashboard i say its possible. You can represent the data in a Spreadsheet.

Regards,

AnjaniKumar C.A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply.

How can i create cross-tab in xcelsius by manual?

best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can design the Cross tab format in Excel and Take a Spreadsheet Component in Xcelsius 2008 and bind it to those cells.

Regards,

AnjaniKumar C.A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply

if u don't mind,Could u tell me about cross-tab in excel and bind to spreadsheet?

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Please specify your source for the Xcelsius. Will it be a SAP BW Quey or a Webi/Crystal report.

In Webi / crystal report we can have the report format as crosstab. That can directly be taken into the Xcelsius Spreadsheet,

and that can be mapped to the Spreadsheet component, thereby generating your cross tab data in Xcelsius.

Regards,

Anamika

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have various options available to you

1) Within excel using formula logic

2) Use Live Office or BI Web Services to generate a crosstab view within the reporting tool and bring this into Xcelsius

3) 3rd party add-ons, there is a crosstab modeler from BDI Systems than can be used to translate data from row based to a crosstab view

http://www.bdisys.com/index.php/productsfulltext/xcelsius-componentsmenu/submenu3

4) XWIS from Antivia (http://www.antivia.com). As you have no investment with data connectivity with Xcelsius just yet, you can gain massive productivity gains by using a tool like XWIS. Not only does it provide a crosstab data component but can handle 1000's of rows of data.

Regards and good luck,

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a problem when i am importing Crosstab into Xcelsius using BI Webservice reports and the details as shown below

1) I have designed my Xcelsisus data sheet which can accomodate maximum of 12 monts

2) The no of months displayed in the Xcelsisus components will be controlled by prompt.

When i am selecting 12 months data it is working fine but when i am passing 6 months data the data is continiously placing one detail by another

can any one help me on this how to import the crosstab having dynamic columns using BI Webservices

Many thanks

Karun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the following link.The solution is bit complex but works ( i used it in one of the requirement )

Hope this will solve your issue.

BOBJ Tricks: BI Services with Crosstabs (Variable Columns)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay B,

Thanks for providing this link.

I have this scenario and am using web services.

In this link, 3rd formula's snapshot is not clear.

Can you attach the excel sheet pls?

Regards,

Vijay

vijay.aadithya@hotmail.com

Answers (0)