cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM Events

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know that in CRM it is possible to attach custom (Z) function modules to the various standard events. As per the several documentations available on the internet, this can be done via transaction CRMV_EVENT. However, on digging a bit further, I found that via CRMV_EVENT transaction, the table that is populated is CRMC_EVENT_CALL (which in turn is a system table in terms of its delivery class). On the other hand, there is a Customizing table (delivery class C) called CRMC_EVENT_CUST which has the same structure as CRMC_EVENT_CALL and as per its short description, it is meant for maintaing custom function modules.

I am at a loss to understand the difference between the two aforemetioned tables. Can anyone please throw more light on what would be the implications of using one table over the another.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I always use transaction crmv_event which fills CRMC_EVENT_CALL. If you want to trigger z function on some standard event, just do the following:

- create z function

- in crmv_event click on button object function/callback and register your z function

- select transaction category (e.g. bus2000115 for sales orders) and choose option callback for cat./obj./event and define when and how this function should be triggered

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Thank you again for your reply. You are turning out to be our saviour

Just one question. Table CRMV_EVENT_CALL is a system table and as per the F1 help for the delivery class field, changes to such tables can be overwritten during system upgrades etc. Should we be worrying about that? Is this table treated in a different way than the normal.

Regards.

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. Just use transaction crmv_event and everything will be ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have created a custom function in crmv_event . it is not setting values in cb_freq and version

while executed by standard function at run time. please guide.

Answers (0)