cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CRM and SAP PM Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario where my client is currently using a third party tool to create Tickets/Incidents that are replicated to SAP PM as notifications. Due to lots of issue with this integration the client would like to replace the 3rd party tool with SAP CRM 7.0 service management. I have configured the Incident Management, the issue is how to replicate the CRM Incidents as PM notifications. Alternatively I am thinking of maintaining the tickets only in CRM and replicate the service orders if any to PM work orders.

Further, do you think that SAP CRM Service Management module itself contains all the PM capabilities that can address above stated business requirments? Please advise.

Your kind help on the above scenario will be highly appreciated and wil be awarded with points!

Best Regards,

Mirza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rynoray
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had a similar requirement, which we met as follows:

1. We created a custom mapping table in CRM, where we mapped CRM SRs based on the category selected to a PM Code Group and Group. When the SR is saved, the table is checked, and if an entry exists we transfer the SR details to PM and create a notification (SN).
  2. To ensure the SR and SN remain in sync, we set the SR to a status that cannot be changed by front-end users.
  3. In PM, we created Workflow triggers, that will execute status updates from PM to CRM, when a specific status is set. This update is sent back to CRM via RFC.
  4. On CRM, we then created another custom table, that will read the incoming RFC details (SR number, status code etc.) and based on the custom table we mapped the status to the SR status profile. (This can be reused by other systems that also need to update the SR status).
  5. Lastly, we implemented Action Profiles in CRM, so that when the SR status is updated, we send out an email/SMS to the customer, using Mailforms, to notify them of the status change.

There is quite a bit of custom work here, however the benefits has been immense; Our call center calls have gone down drastically, as clients follow up less. as they are kept updated.

This also assists, agents as they do not always have visibility of progress in PM, and can also see all communications that was sent to the client for future reference.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello Mirza,

We have also similar requirement to create both PM and WM orders for IS-U system. We solve this issue with enhancements because we need to see new Z fields on incidents at CRM and orders at IS-U systems. In certain incident situations we called the RFC from IS-U to create orders at CRM_ORDER_SAVE badi. After PM or WM orders resolved we called the other RFC which updates the incident document at CRM with CRM_ORDER_MAINTAIN. Since we had so many Z fields we created this mechanism.

Other than this is there any standard maintenance to create orders from CRM system directly with standard fields?

Thank you.

chandra_pingle
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI

Any update on the above said. We have similar requirement to create PM order from SAP CRM (Service Order). Please let us know how did you resolved it

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mirza,

in our company this scenario is productive. We create incidents in CRM 7.0 if a customer calls our service hotline.

Only if this incident can´t be solved remotly we create an PM-order and plan technicians.

We do not create notifications in PM - this would be critical since the CRM incident could be changed and you have to update this notification every time. So what we did is a custom button in the incident header "Create Order". In the eventhandler of this button we collect all the required data like description, partners, reference object, etc. and call a rfc-function module to create the PM Order.

In ERP this rfc function module uses the BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN. There is also another standard function module in ERP which could be used which is called CRM_CS_API_ORDER_CREATE. But we decided to use the BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN because of more functionality.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards

Manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

Many thanks for you reply. It gave me some kind of direction to proceed further. I hereby revist the message after 6 months because my client had other priorities so this process was on hold during that period.

Further, in your process how did you acheive updates from PM Work Order back to CRM Incident? My client's business requirment is to create a PM work order from an Incident in CRM. So, status updates in work order should be synchronized with CRM incident. Is this possible? Kindy advise.

Best Regards

Mirza