cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching document in CREATE mode on Purchase Requisition?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am running ECC5.00.

If using the document management system (DMS), is there any way to configure DMS such that a user can attach a document (e.g. a PDF file) to the requisition in CREATE mode, i.e. during ME51N? Is there anyway to configure the DMS system such that the attachment is required prior to saving the requisition?

Cheers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ad,

Is this for Business object EBAN ?

If it is, then we can do that one, we just need to add the business object in document configuration.

Thanks,

Tarun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

EBAN is the SAP table where purchase requisitions are stored, so I assume the answer is yes to your question.

How is this configured - can you provide any insight - IMG paths or transactions?

Someone else told me that you can only attach in change mode (Me52n) and cannot attach in Me51n (create mode). I assume that is incorrect then?

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If its a EBAN we need to attache this Businee object to the document type. Once it's done we need to attache the required attachemtns(which you are talking about) to this DIR.

So in PR you can have these attachement access.

Thanks,

Tarun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

as per standard Sap document can be attached via ME52N as service for object button greys out in me51n but this happens w/o DMS

however as suggested in the above thread by doing some steps you could assign the document to PR

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member265147
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Aleem

I suspect you are referring more to BDS than to DMS.

(So you would like to use the GOS buttons to store an attachment)

You need the correct Business Object (BUS2105 for Purchase Req's) and also a content repository set up in OAC0

Then you create the document type you would like to attach in Transaction OAC2.

After that you link your document type to the Business Object in OAC3 and also to the content repository you want to use.

After saving you should be able to link a document in Transaction ME51N after saving the created Purchase Req and clicking on the GOS dropdown - Create - Store Business Document.

Thanks

R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. It is possible through Object Linking from DMS. You need to follow the below stated steps to achive Object linking.

1.Goto SPRO->CA Components->Document Management->Control Data--->Define Document Types.

2.Select the desired Document type which you need to make it available in your Purchase requisition. for ex: Contracts e.t.c.

& Click on "Define Object Links" from the left hand Panel.

3.Goto New Entries and Object as EBAN & Screen No as 247 & Save the entries.

4.Now go to DMS & Upload your documents.

5. To access Documents at Purchase Requisition Level first you need to maintain the Item level Details. Then Select an item and Click on the Icon "DOCUMENTS" just above the Item level. you can access only those document types which have been defined through Object linking.

with regards,

S. Dayananda Murthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear S. Dayananda Murthy,

Thank you so much for your detailed response. I tested it out and it works.

However, I have another question. In your instructions below, step 4 says to store the business document. This is working, however, the requirement here is to be able to store and attach the document while creating the purchase requisition in one step. The below process works, but requires the user to first create and attach the document in CV01N, then create the purchase requisition in ME51n, and then attach the document before saving in ME51n.

There is a button at the top left of the ME51n screen called Services for objects, and has an option Create - Store business document, however this is greyed out in ME51N and only available in ME52N/ME53N (change and display). Is there anyway to use this functionality to store and attach the document while creating the purchase requisition in ME51n? If so, does this use the same configurations as the process you described in your last post?

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello AD,

In order to create both purchase requisition and attach the document in a single go you will have to use some custom development and BADI's. We have already implemented the same scenario using adobe forms as front end for Purchase requisition creation and provided an option at the bottom to attach the document, once you click submit the purchase requisition is created and also the document DIR is created and the document is uploaded automatically. We also have a approval process life cycle for the document in tandem with the Purchase requisition approval process.

regards

N K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Someone mentioned that I should implement Easy DMS for my scenario as it will allow a user to load a document through a windows explorer like GUI and automatically run the transaction CV01N in the background, therefore avoiding the need to manually run CV01N.

Any thoughts around this? I assume this is all standard, and no ABAP required?

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,quite feasible, as EasyDMS is equipped with standard features like 'Drag and Drop' to create,move or copy files.However,you need to key in the basic meta data.However,if you wish to bypass even this activity i.e,you wish to have default document data,then you need to implement the Z_EASYDMS_GETDOCDEFAULTS function module.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar!

One more question: When using the EasyDMS drag and drop functionality, how much meta data (e.g. is it 5 fields per document? more? less?) is required to be entered by the user? Also, what are these fields, things like "document description", etc?

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe Description alone is mandatory. % of data entry boils down to the amount of data you have, characteristics you have and how much of it you want to automate.

regards

N K