11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2011 4:59 AM by N K RSS

Attaching document in CREATE mode on Purchase Requisition?

Aleem Daya
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I am running ECC5.00.

If using the document management system (DMS), is there any way to configure DMS such that a user can attach a document (e.g. a PDF file) to the requisition in CREATE mode, i.e. during ME51N?  Is there anyway to configure the DMS system such that the attachment is required prior to saving the requisition?

Cheers.

• Re: Attaching document in CREATE mode on Purchase Requisition?
    tarun babu

Hi Ad,

Is this for Business object EBAN ?

If it is, then we can do that one, we just need to add the business object in document configuration.

Thanks,

Tarun.

Dayananda Murthy

Hi,

Yes. It is possible through Object Linking from DMS. You need to follow the below stated steps to achive Object linking.

1.Goto SPRO->CA Components->Document Management->Control Data--->Define Document Types.

2.Select the desired Document type which you need to make it available in your Purchase requisition. for ex: Contracts e.t.c.

& Click on "Define Object Links" from the left hand Panel.

3.Goto New Entries and Object as EBAN & Screen No as 247 & Save the entries.

4.Now go to DMS & Upload your documents.

5. To access Documents at Purchase Requisition Level first you need to maintain the Item level Details. Then Select an item and Click on the Icon "DOCUMENTS"  just above the Item level. you can access only those document types which have been defined through Object linking.

with regards,

S. Dayananda Murthy

Aleem Daya

Dear S. Dayananda Murthy,

Thank you so much for your detailed response.  I tested it out and it works.

However, I have another question.  In your instructions below, step 4 says to store the business document.  This is working, however, the requirement here is to be able to store and attach the document while creating the purchase requisition in one step.  The below process works, but requires the user to first create and attach the document in CV01N, then create the purchase requisition in ME51n, and then attach the document before saving in ME51n.

There is a button at the top left of the ME51n screen called Services for objects, and has an option Create - Store business document, however this is greyed out in ME51N and only available in ME52N/ME53N (change and display).  Is there anyway to use this functionality to store and attach the document while creating the purchase requisition in ME51n?  If so, does this use the same configurations as the process you described in your last post?

Cheers,

Actions