cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Retirement: Transaction "Asset Sale without customer" (ABAON)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While posting Asset Retirement in ABAON, error occurs as "SYST: You can not determine the period for rule 02 to 23.03.11".

Here we are retiring 3 assets. One from one asset class & other 2 from another asset class.

for the 1st Asset Class- period ctrl. method is 006 and in T-code AFAMP, in retirement column rule for 006 is defined as 11, which means "Next Month". AND...........

for 2nd Asset class- period ctrl. method is 003 and in T-code AFAMP, in retirement column rule for 003 is defined as 02, which means "Pro Rata upto mid-period at period start date."

Now I think problem is there for 2nd asset class as rule 02 can not determine the period according to error.

Please explain the logic? What axactly system is saying? and how can I solve this issue?

Regards,

Nilesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205615
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh

To solve the error message AA613, you need to define period control 02 with Transactions OA84 or OAVH. In addition, Please review SAP notes 357375 and 20017 that give valuable information and may help in your situation.

Best regards,

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

George,

Thanks for the answer.

Can you please explain little bit more on the functionality of OA84 and OAVH? And in which scenarios those are used?

Regards,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

George,

Thanks for the answer.

My query is resolved but, can you please explain little bit more on the functionality of OA84 and OAVH? And in which scenarios those are used?....... Is it true that OA84 is used normally when Fiscal Year Variant is Year Dependent and FYV of FI as well as AA is same. Whereas OAVH is used when FYV of FI and AA are different ??

Regards,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

George,

Thanks for the answer.

My query is resolved but, can you please explain little bit more on the functionality of OA84 and OAVH? And in which scenarios those are used?....... Is it true that OA84 is used normally when Fiscal Year Variant is Year Dependent and FYV of FI as well as AA is same. Whereas OAVH is used when FYV of FI and AA are different ??

Regards,

Nilesh

former_member205615
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh

Nice to know the issue has been resolved.

OAVH is used to determine the relationship between posting intervals and periods in the given fiscal year version. The assignment entries in OAVH have to be changed in the following cases:

u2022 You use period control rules you defined yourself.

u2022 You change the definition of the periods in the fiscal year version in Financial Accounting.

As you noticed, case you use a year-dependent fiscal year variant, then you have to perform OA84 to generate period controls properly.

For more information, you can refer to IMG documentation in following IMG menu path:

IMG: Asset Accounting -> Depreciation -> Valuation Methods -> Period Control -> Define Calender Assignments (OAVH) / Generate Period Controls (OA84)

Regards

George