cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR2008 and Progress 4gl/OpenEdge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, I hope I've managed to find the right place for this. Sorry for the basic level of questioning - I'm struggling a bit.

We have a Progress 4gl application that currently allows you to preview reports in Crystal 8 and 9. This works by placing an ocx on the screen and manipulating. I understand this is no longer possible in version 2008 of Crystal. We also have an old method that plugs directly into CRPE32.dll but I understand this is also not possible in the latest versions.

So how am I meant to provide a preview screen for reports in 2008? Is there a different dll I need to plug in to? Is there a document exposing all the external functions of that dll? Does anyone have some code examples that I can look at?

Many thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The COM components (RDC (craxdrt.dll), direct API calls (PEOpenPrintEngine), and Crystl32.ocx) have all been retired with the release of CR2008. The suggested migration path is to move to the Crystal Reports .NET SDK. You can find getting started information at the beginning of the [.NET - SAP Crystal Reports|; forum. You'll find links to samples, the SDK library, etc.

I don't know if there's a .NET equivalent for Progress 4gl/OpenEdge. You'll have to explore that with Progress directly.

Sincerely,

Dan Kelleher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Dan - that's a good starting point I guess. This is going to be a lot harder than we thought.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James.

I'm having the same problem I have with you.

Did you solve your problem?