cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Latest Software Version for ERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I am out of touch with SAP terminologies from long and getting confused when searching forums. Can someone help me here?

I remember SAP ERP use to be, SAP 4.6c->SAP 4.7->SAP ECC5.0->SAP ECC6.0....which one is the latest? ECC6.0 or it is again called as r/3 now?

Thanks,

Z*

Moderator: It's a joke, isn't it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Modertaor - not sure why it is joke for u? If you know the answer just reply please.

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I also think it is better when moderators leave their name when taking action.

Other than that, you are not supposed to use "confusion" as an excuse to not browse online sources for available answers.

So please intensify your efforts and find the answer yourself.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did search and it says ECC 6.0 as latest version everywhere but on help.sap.com I see the latest document if for 'SAP R/3 and R/3 Enterprise 4.70 SR1'.

Just like to understand the latest name which we are using for SAP ERP?

I was expecting one line reply :o(

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What was wrong with "it says ECC 6.0 as latest version everywhere ".

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did search and it says ECC 6.0 as latest version everywhere but on help.sap.com I see the latest document if for 'SAP R/3 and R/3 Enterprise 4.70 SR1'.

In HELP.SAP you will find SAP ERP and that is for ECC 6.0 , the latest one is release ECC 6.0 SP 19 .

Hope it helps ....

Cheers ,

Dewang.

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually as long as this was posted in the coffee corner in the first place I don't think this question is a joke. SAP's Product Naming and Numbering scheme is a cruel joke played on customers.

Technically I think the latest version would be Business Suite 7 innovations 2010 with ERP being at EHP5. However that's my best guess as honestly I wish either the developers or marketing would final decide who gets to name products and stick with one group naming and numbering products.

My personal favorites was the whole (s) scheme for releases. Netweaver 2004s, CRM 2006s, etc. The going by development year of the product was probably easiest (ERP 2005, CRM 2007), but incremental numbers are probably the easier solution instead.

It would be great if SAP could resync all the release numbers for the business suite up to a common version. It's to bad that SAP can't come up with a Business Suite 8 that solves all the version numbers, unless that is being saved for a major overhaul and will unfortuantely probably run on Netweaver 10.

Take care,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I completely agree with you, SAP's Product Naming has always been a nightmare for every one, including SAP employees.

Nobody understand anything about the logic (if there is one...) and these permanent changes generate a lots of wrong documentation and dead linlks everywhere including in SAP notes. For exemple, many help.sap.com URL links are false in sap notes.

I always laugh reading in SAP notes "Netweaver 7 previously named Netweaver 04s"...

It adds a lot of difficulty for SAP beginners and I am sure that the effect is very bad for potential customers.

My vote for the worst product name :

When I had to install Employee Self Service, I had to discover that I had to install :

SAP Enhancement Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 Java on Windows MS SQL Server Based on SAP Netweaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 1

I think that Marketing people must live on an other planet...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am closing this thread assuming link in help.sap.com is pointing to wrong version and the latest version in ECC6.0 only

Thanks

Z*