cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WWI issue: E302 RTF value in value file is corrupted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are currently developing SDS document for our client.

We have an issue with the Slovakian translation. The template works fine in other languages

error message we have in CG42:

E302 RTF value in value file is corrupted: '01040 10G1014021RE\pard\s6\ql\sl240\plain\f1\fs24\dummy Vyvarujte\'20sa\'20vdychovania\'20prachov,\'20p\uc1\u225?r,\'20alebo\'20v\uc1\u253?parov\'20z\'20horiacich\'20materi\uc1\u225?lov.}\line\pard\s6\ql\sl240\plain\f1\fs24\dummy Ak\'20d\uc1\u244?jde\'20k\'20vd\uc1\u253?chnutiu\'20rozkladn\uc1\u253?ch\'20produktov\'20vzniknut\uc1\u253?ch\'20v\'20ohni,\'20sympt\uc1\u243?my\'20sa\'20m\uc1\u244?\uc1\u382?u\'20objavi\'20oneskorene.{}' Current Symbol is: '11BRG330(M,SAP_EHS_1014_021;*)'

there are 2 phrases assigned to the value assignment. When only one phrase is assigned, we don't have the problem in the slovakian translation. When both phrases are assigned, no matter inwhich order, we get the error message mentioned before.

Can anyone help us out? Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Luk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Luk

there are in my opinion many reasons why this could happen.

I assume the following:

a:) You use SAP system in UNicode mode

b.) You use WWI in Unicode mode

c.) You have prepared a UNICODE RFC call from SAP to WWI Server

d.) You have read carefully the WWI Cookbook (and the pitfalls in using WWI; FAQs etc:) available on SAP marktplace and performed the "FAQ check" regarding this behaviour)

The reason of these assumptions: I believe the language: Slovakian is one of those which give sometimes rise to "trouble" in WWI

Therefore you have checked very well the WWI set up so that WWi can be "excluded" as the problem. Sometimes we have realized that WWI gives rise to struggle due to "other" problems.

One issue is: how did you "generate" the phrase? According to your explanation the "behaviour" is clearly related to exactly one phrase (and no other); may be this is a misinterpretation because your explanation is here not clear enough; in any case: the behaviour seems to be dependent to data maintenance.

To generate a phrase normally these approaches (small list) are used:

Use of CG12

Use of phrase import

Using one of them sometimes we have detected strange effectes in phrase management. furthermore we have detected in the past strange effects in using cg12 (you have too editors there) which gives ries to some problems in WWI

As Phrase import does not check so "hard" as cg12 sometimes you could ge a "corrupt" phrase which gives rise to these strange effects in WWI.

With best regards

C.B.

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Apr 9, 2011 9:19 AM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Apr 9, 2011 9:19 AM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Apr 9, 2011 9:20 AM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Apr 9, 2011 9:21 AM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Apr 9, 2011 9:21 AM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Apr 9, 2011 9:22 AM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Apr 9, 2011 9:23 AM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Apr 9, 2011 9:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thank you for your reaction.

I'll start checking this and get back to you when I know more.

Update 11/04

let's clarify something first:

We get this problem when two phrases are assigned to a certain characteristic and we want to generate the SDS in Slovakian.

When only one of there phrases is assigned, we don't get the dump.

In other languages we tested, we don't get dumpts, either with one or two of there phrases.

Further,

I also get this dump (under the same conditions) when I get a test SDS in transaction CG42.

What I found out by now:

• WWI is non unicode

• the RFC to WWI is non unicode

can the fact that WWI is non unicode be the cause of this error?

Kind regards,

Luk

Edited by: Luk Declerck on Apr 11, 2011 3:17 PM

Edited by: Luk Declerck on Apr 11, 2011 4:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem Solved,

We upgraded WWI to Unicode and we installed SAP note 1333100. Although this note only mentions issues witl long formatted phrases, it solved our problem with short, non-formatted phrases.

Kind regards,

Luk