Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Control 3.0 portal links not working

former_member212848
Participant
0 Kudos

hello SAP Community,

I just Process Control 3.0. I followed all guides (install and post install), and now when im going to work with Process Control configuration, the links of the GRC PC, doesnt Work.

I can see all options of the PC 3.0, but when i clic any option, nothing happens.

Does any body have a clue to get this solved?

all your comments are welcome!

thanks in advance.

Alejandro Acuñ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

claudenir_araujo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

If you have followed the installation guide manual step by step them you need to create a user at the backend with the basic PC roles, them at portal delegate this user some roles as well.

Have you tried this?

Regards.

Claudenir Araujo

former_member212848
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Claudenir for answering,

Yes, i have try givin the apropiate roles. Actually, i have give sap_all to the user, for testing and discarding porpouses.

I apreciate all ideas you have. I am stuck.

thanks.

Alejandro Acuña

Edited by: Alejandro Acuña Acosta on Apr 10, 2011 12:16 AM

claudenir_araujo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

No Problem, if I could help, please count on me.

The basic roles to have access into Process Control at backend are: SAP_GRC_FN_BASE and SAP_GRC_FN_ALL them if this user will have access into Portal just give him SAP_GRC_SPC_GLOBAL_AUT_ADMIN and them log into portal with this user and password.

Open the User managment -> locate the user you have created -> them click modify -> list the roles for the portal you have there and them assign some of this roles to your user accordingly.

Then log off and log on again, you should have access.

Please, let me knows in case you can't or have gotten other issues.

Best regards.

Claud Araujo

former_member212848
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Claudenir,

Thanks for your answer.

I followed your steps, according to permissions over portal and abap.

I have the same situation after. No one link works. I can see process control working as a preview of the Iviews, but doesnt work from the process control menu at the portal page.

Thanks Again.

Alejandro.

claudenir_araujo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

I am just doing exactly the same as you are doing there and it should works, I wish I could have some screen shots from your side to help you better.

Did you get any error message after clicking on GRC Process Control at portal? Each of the roles have you assigned to the user?

What did it says when you click my home for example??

Regards.

Claud Araujo

former_member212848
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Claud,

My contact info is in my bussines card, so i can reply a message to you with the error. I can not post my adress here.

About the error message, im not getting any error. It just dont open the link.

When i clic MY HOME, it opens the page where is the butons work inbox and Delegation. BUT, when i try to get into the work inbox link, after the clic, it does not open nothing. just stay showing the same.

Thanks for your tips.

Alejandro

Edited by: Alejandro Acuña Acosta on Apr 11, 2011 2:03 PM

claudenir_araujo
Participant
0 Kudos

You are right, we can't post email address here, but I tried to open your business card but shows empty to me, maybe it's because you have setup to hide it. Try to unhide it, just to get the info.

regards.

Claud Araujo

former_member212848
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Claud,

I have just Unhide. Please let me know if you can see it.

Thanks

Alejandro

former_member212848
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Claude:

please let me know if you can see it.

thanks

Edited by: Alejandro Acuña Acosta on Apr 11, 2011 2:15 PM

Edited by: Alejandro Acuña Acosta on Apr 11, 2011 2:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

Use the complete host name in the browser, then you will be able to open all the links.

Example:

In my case the host name is "ftwwdsap009.xyz.com" type http://ftwwdsap009.xyz.com:50000/irj in the browser

you need to specify the fully qualified host name like "ftwwdsap009.xyz.com" instead of "ftwwdsap009" or IP "10.20.44.25".

I was facing the same issue after giving the fully qualified host name , i am able to open all the links.

Rgds,

Sunil.

former_member212848
Participant
0 Kudos

Claud,

thanks for all the assistance. Your guide is very helpful.

Regards!

Alejandro

former_member212848
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

Thanks for your message. This has solved my problem.

For every one, follow Sunil indications and solve the problem.

Regards,

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

I'm having the same issue. No links are working. Where did you fix the host name? I have the fullly qualified host name listed in the Portal under System administration.

claudenir_araujo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gustavo,

Just tell me here how is your browser configured? copy and paste your frontend link and I will also check that out from here.

thank you.

Claud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying quickly Alejandro. What do you mean how is my browser configured?

This is my frontend link. This is for the Portal.

https://ftlqsaps06na.citrite.net:50001/irj/portal

My backend is installed in the GRC box. (separated from the Portal)

claudenir_araujo
Participant
0 Kudos

Gustavo,

When you click in the portal link and type user/pass them how it shows the URL in the bronser?

it should be something like that http://[servername].[domain]:[port]/irj/portal ;

Thanks and keep in mind this is Claud (same one with your message)

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKS CLAUD!,

This is how is shows:

https://ftlqsaps06na.citrite.net:50001/irj/portal

claudenir_araujo
Participant
0 Kudos

I remember that Gustavo when I was connected there.

But anyway, that was the case from this post and I also had called Alejandro to discuss a little bit about his issue before in his case the problem was the server name not properly configured.

That's why I asked you for the Visual admin screen shoots... to check all the configuration from the scratch... and see if maybe something on the config.

I am working on it and shall get back to you soon, for the delay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Claud. Let me know if you would like to do a session over the phone like last time. I'm available until 4pm est

former_member212848
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gustavo,

Plese check the in RZ10 the parameter icm/host_name_full, this should contain the full host name. This parameter configuration is done accordingly to the installation guide.

Then, in the web address you should type the PC host name the same way you set up the parameter plus the port plus the /IRJ

It should look like this:

http://hostname.xxx.yyy:50100/irj/portal

xxx: the domain

yyy the .net or .com or whatever...

Please let us to know how is it going with the issue.

Regards

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your inputs. My portal links are now working.

Resolution = The connector "WEB AS" in the portal to the backend, was not using the same HTTPS protocol that my Portal was using. My initial setting was calling HTTP so I changed it to HTTPS. I also had to set up SSL which is part of HTTPS in the backend.

Gustavo Mendoza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

right now I am facing the same issue. Even though I got the whole hostname applied! Does anybody have a guess, what else it could be?

Kind regards

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you make sure that you are using the same protocol for the JAVA connector to ABAP? In other words, if your portal is using HTTPS or HTTP your connector in the POrtal going to PC has to be configured as HTTPS or HTTP (the same).

Hopefully I explained myself.

former_member212848
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

please look the prevous answers.

you have to set up in rz10 the full name of your host including the domain. then, you have to type in the url adress the full name of your host server, and the port: Dont use the server ip any time.

http://myserver.mydomain:myport/portalurl

dont forget use MS internet explorer.

if need more assistance please write again. qualify the anser!

Best regards.

Alejandro Acuñ

Answers (0)