cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Day's supply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi in md07 I found stock days' supply is 54.0, I don't know how it caculated although I had searched some threads in this forum or look up for help in SAP, it is not specific and it is hard to understand...can anyone tell me how to calculate specifically?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the material for which you're checking, note down the stock value. Now move forwards in time & start reducing the stock with the demands you notice. Now on the day on which the stock becomes zero / goes below zero, note down the date. Now check the difference between today's date & the date which you just computed, it would be 54 (Stock day's supply value).

Revert if you still face an issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much, but could you tell me why it turns out to be 999.9 sometimes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in MD04, there will be no demand for those which will make the stock go below zero, or if no stock then there will be no demand as well for those.

Hope it clarifies.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Stock Day's supply calculation is done based on setting in Customizing for MRP or for Consumption-Based Planning in the IMG activity Define receipt elements for days' supply calculation.

Check for your plant related settings in above Customizing settings. Here You can include required receipt elements which can be included to calculate stock day's supply.

Even you can get more details through F1 help.

Revert in case any doubt.

Regards,

Tejas