cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crpe32.dll failing to load

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am receiving an error on the production computers that I am installing my windows app on

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.CRPE' threw an exception. ---> CrystalDecisions.Shared.CrystalReportsException: Could not load C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\crpe32.dll.

Funny though that on a virtual machine that I am installing it on with a ghosted image of the failing computers, I am not getting this error.

Should I have the user restart their PC before loading the app

Any help would be appreaciated.

Edited by: mcontri on Apr 15, 2011 10:00 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Taken together with your previous thread:

[Load report failed - document cannot be opened in the c++ stack|;

you've got some pretty weird stuff going on there. Rebooting the computer should not be neccessary, but certainly will not hurt.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rebooting did not help unfortunately. The only error now is this crpe32.dll error which does exist within the referenced path. Any ideas why this would be happening.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See if [Process Monitor|http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx] tells you anything. Look for "Access Denied" messages, etc.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I looked and the error that is showing for Crystal Reports is for the keycoder. I thought I didn't need anything since this is not on a server or for the web?

0 Kudos

What version of CR and VS are you using?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using VS2010 and the new version of SAP Crystal Reports for VS 20101

0 Kudos

Search your PC for any and all versions of crpe32.dll, specifically if there is one in \windows\system32 folder.

Also, the keycode error is resolved with SP 1. What version of CR for VS 2010 are you using?

SP1 is the last update and the version of the dll's are 13.0.1.220.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don thank you for your efforts so far. The version that it shows for CR is 13.0.2000.0 (does that sound right?) And if I do find multiple copis of crpe32.dll on the system what should I do?

0 Kudos

That is the assembly version, they don't change, I need the dll version.

Tell me where they are and what version they are...

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh ok, the version is 13.0.1.220, the location that is being used for these is "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\dotnet"

and for the crpe32.dll file, there is only one on the clients computer and that is located in the same folder as above "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\dotnet"

0 Kudos

Sounds like a permission issue. Use Process Monitor and look for Access Denied or missing dll's.

Did they install using the local PC Admin account or did their IT department modify the Administrators Profile settings?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actaully it is I that is installing on their system. And an administrator login has to be used by default to install on all their machines. I used the Process Monitor and I see no Access Denied, but what I do find is "NAME NOT FOUND", "REPARSE" and "NO MORE ENTRIES"

Former Member
0 Kudos

What SAP Crystal Report products are suppose to exist on the Clients machine?

0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

So I have to actually install one of those redistributables on the clients machine correct, seperately from the application

0 Kudos

Yes, there are other options also, we also have Merge Modules but those require all MS dependencies to be included also by you. The MSI includes all of the dependencies. You can not simply include the CR runtime in your app for distribution, CR does not install properly that way.

You also must include the VS 2005 dependencies because of 2.0 framework dependencies we have. Typically most PC's have them install already. The MS C++ Security runtime distribution package is what we are looking for. Search MS's site for the MSI package you can include also in your distribution package.

You can include the MSI in your package along with your app, or because the MSI is a standalone installer it can be run separately.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok so instead of including the Merge Module CRRuntime_13_0.msm. Install the CRforVS_redist_install_32bit_13_0_1.zip

directly on the clients computer before the application is installed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Don you have been a great help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I was getting the crpe32.dll failing to load exception and I installed the runtime as you suggested. Our application is hosted by IIS .  The error was resolved when our application is hosted on IIS 7.0 (Windows 7).  On Windows Server 2008R2/IIS 7.5 the exception is no longer raised but the session ends and the IIS worker process crashes without any error when we attempt to show Crystal report viewer.  Something tells me this could be some security or IIS configuration issue. Any ideas?

Dariusz

Answers (0)