cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0IC_C03 (Material Movements Cube) - Installing business content in BW 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SDN,

I am on SAP BW 7.0, Support pack 19. I am trying to install the business content for the cube 0ic_c03. For this I first brought the 3 data sources --> 2lis_03_bf, 2lis_03_bx and 2lis_03_um into BW. I noticed that all these data sources are in 7.0 version.

When I tried to then install the BC for 0ic_c03 by doing an 'In Data Flow before' , i only got 7.0 transformations:

1. From datasources --> infosources

2. From infosources --> cube

The problem is, i got an error while installing from BC in the trfn for 2lis_03_bf -- cube. Also the trfns which insalled properly did not have all the mappings.. especially the routines were missing for the KFs.

My questions are these:

1. I have alreadu checked SAP notes: 581778, 747037 and 929378, but all these talk about small corrections... and use of a DSO in between. Do we have to go with this method of using 3 DSOs between the 3 datasources and the cube? If yes, still.. how will i make sure that the mappings are right?

2. Previously, we were able to get 3.x trf rules and upd rules and migrate them into 7.0 trfns. SOme routines which gave an error.. we used to rectify them manuallly? Isnt this possible anymore? I coudlnt find the transfer rules in BC ??

3. If someone has a comprehensive document as to how to install 0ic_c03 with its 3 primary datasources and also the necessary steps and prerequisites for loading data in BW 7.0.. please forward the link ...

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards.

Edwin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

1. You can load the 2LIS_03_BX extractor directly to the InfoCube, this load contains the stock 'at this moment' and will only be loaded once.

It's not absolutely necessary to use a DSO between your DataSources for the Material Movements and Revaluations and the Inventory Cube but it's always good to have such an EDW layer. In this case use the Key Fields as proposed in the Notes and use no transformation rules between the DataSource and DSO's.

2. See if you can display the Content version of the Business Content transformation (display Transformation and choose Version -> Content). This version will show the mapping and the different routines (per Business Content divided into different rule groups). The code can be displayed by double clicking on the "Perform routine_xxx" statement.

When you use these routines in the transformation from your new DSO and the InfoCube you need to rewrite them to 'Transformation code', e.g. by replacing COMM-STRUCTURE to SOURCE_FIELDS.

Note that for the transformation from DataSource 2LIS_03_UM there may be an error in the Business Content version wherein 0MATERIAL is not mapped, but in fact this field should be mapped (there's a note about this)

3. Have look at:

Inventory Management How-To Guide:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/f83be790-0201-0010-4fb0-98bd7c01e328

Building Block Guide ('light' version of the How-To guide)"

http://help.sap.com/bp_bw370/BBLibrary/documentation/B82_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

Various BW - IM Information:

http://sapentertainment.blogspot.com/2010/09/inventory-management.html

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Edwin,

Thanks for the information. I assume that there is no straightforward way of installing business content .. for this cube.

Regards.