we want to customize to company logo top left in the BusinessObjects BI Launchpad, but unfortunately the easy adoptable function in the applications tab of the CMC 3.1 is no more available in 4.0.
SAP recommands to customize the custom.jsp instead. But the documentation given in the 4.0 admin guide under point 13.4 "Customizing BI launch pad and OpenDocument logon entry points" is quite limited. The Web Application Deployment Guide gives no direct hint on changing logos and graphics.
Hence, we have some unanswered questions:
- Do we have to customize only the custom.jsp, or is a logon.jsp customizing also necessary?
- Is it recommended to make modifications in the logon.jsp file?
- Do I have to modify the source files within the .war file?
- How can we save the modified files before making a re-deployment?
- Is it possible to use a .properties file to change the logos and graphics?
Any comments will be appreciated. I think the problem isn't 4.0 specific and applies also for the lower versions of BusinessObjects Enterprise.
I'm sorry, I don't know the filename or path within the WAR file. It looks like BI 4.1 will have a tool shipped with it that will allow for customizations but I haven't found any details on how to make any of these changes manually or in 4.0 specifically.
Try to use charles or filder tool which ar ehttp debuger and hten launch th tool and the nlaunch the url
now get logged in ot BOE and hte same time this tool will tell you the url form where the images are comming...go to your bo installed mcahines Tomcat\webapps\BOE and then using hte URL that u got it in debugger....nevigate to folder and put in your image wit the same name and the ngive a try.....
Please check below link : Section 4: Web Application Customization