cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize (company) logo in BI Lauchpad 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we want to customize to company logo top left in the BusinessObjects BI Launchpad, but unfortunately the easy adoptable function in the applications tab of the CMC 3.1 is no more available in 4.0.

SAP recommands to customize the custom.jsp instead. But the documentation given in the 4.0 admin guide under point 13.4 "Customizing BI launch pad and OpenDocument logon entry points" is quite limited. The Web Application Deployment Guide gives no direct hint on changing logos and graphics.

Hence, we have some unanswered questions:

- Do we have to customize only the custom.jsp, or is a logon.jsp customizing also necessary?

- Is it recommended to make modifications in the logon.jsp file?

- Do I have to modify the source files within the .war file?

- How can we save the modified files before making a re-deployment?

- Is it possible to use a .properties file to change the logos and graphics?

Any comments will be appreciated. I think the problem isn't 4.0 specific and applies also for the lower versions of BusinessObjects Enterprise.

Regards,

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Please check SAP Note : 1586824 - BI 4.0 - How to customize and add company logos to BI Launch Pad / Logon Page

Hope this helps !

Regards,

Mihir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok understand the current capabilities. But there is still not an easy tool environment to custimze the LaunchPad. Or will this be included in one of the next patches?

former_member59613
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

BI 4.0 did not have the branding/theming features within it. You can probably swap out the logo from within the BOE.war file to work-around this for now, but BI 4.1 will have proper theming/branding capabilities.

Thanks

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

do you know the filename or path exactly for this war File or the currnetly used branding image?

Thx and regards,

Markus

former_member59613
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I'm sorry, I don't know the filename or path within the WAR file. It looks like BI 4.1 will have a tool shipped with it that will allow for customizations but I haven't found any details on how to make any of these changes manually or in 4.0 specifically.

Thanks

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

we have installes the new Service Pack 4. But I can not find a new tool to customize the BI Launch Pad for our customer.

Where can i find it?

Thanks and regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to use charles or filder tool which ar ehttp debuger and hten launch th tool and the nlaunch the url

now get logged in ot BOE and hte same time this tool will tell you the url form where the images are comming...go to your bo installed mcahines Tomcat\webapps\BOE and then using hte URL that u got it in debugger....nevigate to folder and put in your image wit the same name and the ngive a try.....

Thank You,

Amol Abhyankar

pavan_anjimeti
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Please check below link : Section 4: Web Application Customization

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4_oem_customization_en.pdf

Regards,

Pavan

former_member182521
Active Contributor