cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Entry sheet - Delivery Charges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

As per SAP note 381030 Delivery charges are not supported for service PO (item category - 'D')

and Blanket PO (Item category - 'B').

But one of the client which is running on ECC 6.0, I am able to see accounting entries

for delivery charges to frieght account after SES acceptance.

How could it be possible? Have you come across such cases?

Please throw your valuable inputs

Regards,

Partha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1st one need to understand why to use/maintain Delivery charges in service procurement!

When Vendor provides service to you, you use service master(AC03), create service PO & maintain service tax in the service PO, then SES & invoice verification & finally payment to vendor.

When you are providing service to your customer , you can use material type DIEN & create material( MM01) for service & try to use/maintain tax indicator. Then create sales order with service material created with material type DIEN & then bill to customer for service provided by creating a Bill & the receive the payment customer.

In service procurement, you need to create a service master(AC03) , you need to enter valuation class & in OBYC, you just assign need to assign GR/IR Clearing (service) with G/L account only & remember that no valuation class for service assignment requires here in OBYC for service.

Service order or purchase order created with Acc. assignment ' K' and Item category 'D' , the system automatically pick UOM is "1" activity unit in Item Overview and in item details you need to maintain the service master ,UOM, quantity & price /unit and then G/L account with cost center .

During SES(ML8N), you are just recognizing vendor performed service where you can have cost object(cost center) with service master with quantity etc.....No FI document created after creating/maintaining the Service Entry Sheet in ML81N but once you release the Service Entry Sheet, then only FI document created.

If GR valuated for service procurement: You will have accounting entries:

During SES release:

Service account: Dr

GR/IR(service) :Cr

During IR

GR/IR(service) :Dr

Vendor A/C: Cr

Service tax A/C: Dr

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biju,

Thanks & I agree with your points on delivery charges when it comes to service purchase.

But a scenario is such that service vendor is located in a far place and client has to provide travel tickets

for their visit to their premises.

I feel it makes sense to consider this as a delivery cost.

Please throw your opinion.

Regards,

Partha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case you need to create two service lines in Po. First one for original service and another one for tkts. This will be against the same vendor so dosent matter if its separate delivery charge or separate line item as service charge.

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeya,

I am not understanding your question.Could you pls elaborate further?

Partha

mohsinabbasi007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am not sure that this is the correct solution but i think it could work, if your vendor is far away from your company location than why you don't add this ticket charges to your service bill Or you can add this in PO without creating Service Master Record, just give maintain Service Text i.e. (2 tickets) in service PO.

As Delivery costs are generally not supported in external services management bcz it's a one time activity including all cost, provided by  concern vendor, inwhich no Physically GR taken place & this leads to no delivery Cost. we are taking intangible services, so there is no concept of delivery Cost.

Regards

Mohsin Abbasi

former_member712038
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Note 381030 describes generally not to use delivery costs concept for purchase orders. It will not behave properly as like for material procurements.

Please check whether service entry sheet is done for the PO line item which was created separately with the freight GL.

Thanks.