Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval process for XPRA object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had created one XPRA report to update a table and added the same in the transport request as XPRA.

Now it wont let me release that request.

I guess I'll have to use the XPRA transaction to initiate the process, but it always opens up in German Language.

Can someone guide me on how to initiate the approval process for XPRA.

Thanks

Rahul

8 REPLIES 8

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

You should be able to release, did you release and transport your program first?

Is there any message when you try to release the XPRA entry?

Your transport entry is R3TR XPRA ZPROG, is that it? (ZPROG is the name of your program)

I really wonder what is the XPRA transaction. Is that in 7.2 or 7.0 ehp 2?

Thanks

Sandra

0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the reply.

I have created the XPRA program in the same transport.

So I have one entry 'R3TR PROG ZPROG' already present in the transport.

I have created one more entry in the same transport,i.e., 'R3TR XPRA ZPROG'.

Is this approach correct?

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I would say that transporting the program and calling it in the same transport request is unusual, but it should work based on what I see in the SAP documentation -> http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/46/078d380be34e6ce10000009b38f842/frameset.htm

By the way, did you investigating using R3TR TABU to update the table? Also, I guess you are aware that the program runs in client 000, so your processing should process all clients (SELECT ... FROM ... CLIENT SPECIFIED ...)

Best regards,

Sandra

0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

I have handled all the clients in my xpra program.

And according to the SAP documentation, I am hoping that the XPRA will work.

I have one more doubt though. Will this XPRA be executed in test/QA system when i'll release my transport from Development system?

Thanks,

Ankur

0 Kudos

XPRA is for External PRogram After Import (not before export), i.e. in one of the last phases of import (see the link I gave you). Releasing a transport request only means exporting, not importing.

If you also want a program to be executed before export, you may use classic BAdI CTS_EXPORT_FEEDBACK (you may also define a customizing object, transaction SOBJ, with before export or after import methods, but it's a little bit "complex" to implement)

BR

Sandra

0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

But when I'll release this request from dev system, this transported will be atutomatically imported in the test system. right?

so woudnt the xpra be executed? or have i got it all wrong here?

0 Kudos

But when I'll release this request from dev system, this transported will be atutomatically imported in the test system. right?

I never worked on such an automatic import, all my SAP projects had manual imports.

so woudnt the xpra be executed?

As I said, XPRA is executed during the import phase, so yes, it will be executed during the import.

BR

Sandra

0 Kudos

Thanks for all your help Sandra.

Will update the result here once I am done with all the changes.

Regards

Rahul