cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when printing Thai Characters in Smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When printing thai characters in smartform it takes more spaces between characters than required. I tried all possible font to adjust the character spacing.

Can anyone help me out.

Thanks,

Khushboo Dand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Khushboo, Jag

I have observed that tThe tiny boxes that are appearing in the Smartform text element is only occuring when you are printing a variable whose content is thai and nothing else with that. by nothing else i mean no THAI hardcoded text.

if you try and check you will observe that when you try to print something like this in your Text element

with your paragraph format alright/ output device and device type everythng in place

eg:

ของผู้มีเงินได้ &G_VAR& -

is printing alright : content of G_VAR is thai characters

but if you are printing just the variable

eg:

&G_VAR& --- it will print boxes

to overcome this after trying no.of checks / online helps / settings etc etc which , ofcourse, did not help

I did a lil bit trick with the system

You can create a character format in your smartstyle with FONT : THANGSAN and maintain the COLOR as white

now go to your text element key in a THAI character at the start or end of you variable and assign your new character format to that character. and Eureka! it will work

eg: <CF> ข </> &G_VAR& - --- seen in your change editor

where CF is the new "colorless" character format I have asked you to create.

Thanks and Regards,

Charu.

Edited by: Charu Borkar on Aug 3, 2011 00.14 am

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kushboo,

Try in a different way. Save the text u want to print in

SO10 and then include it from smartforms.

i.e

In new text created in smartforms-> general attributes->Text type=include text--> paste the name of the text saved in s010.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khushboo,

Did you resolve your issue I am facing similar kind of problem also when the PDF document is generated (downloaded to PC) the thai script is shown as tiny box.

1. Thai language on the document takes lot of spaces

2. When download the document the thai script is shown as boxes.

Please share your experience if you were able to resolve this.

Jag

Former Member
0 Kudos

jag

i am also facing a similar issue .....do you have any idea?