cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Groupware synchronization with Outlook 2010 questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to install the client version of Groupware for CRM 7.0 with Outlook 2010. When I go to the WEB UI and go to Personalize --> Groupware Integration --> Edit Synchronization Settings, it always gives me this message: "Synchronization settings could not be started. Some software componets are missing on your PC. Would you like to install them now?" I always answer yes and it runs setup.exe but it doesn't allow me to make any changes.

When I go to my PC and pull up "Maintain Syncronization settings", I get a screen that is greyed out. This is where I want to put my logon details and groupware details. There is a message on this screen that says "SAP CRM Profile is not available".

Please help. I have configured SSL and SMICM for HTTPS. I don't have a certificate though.

Thanks,

Peggy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peggy,

That message to download and install some .exe file is coming when the ActiveX settings is not maintained in your Internet Explorer. Please maintain the below settings and then restart the IE after that goto Edit Synchronization settings again.

Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Trusted Sites -> Sites ->Add your WebUI URL there & Deactivate "Require server Verification (https for all sites in this zone" checkbox.

Make the following settings in Custom Level for trusted sites:

ActiveX Controls and Plug-ins

Automatic Prompting for ActiveX Controls u2013 Disable

Download signed ActiveX Controls u2013 Enable

Download unsigned ActiveX Controls u2013 Enable

Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe - Enable

Run ActiveX Controls and Plugins u2013 Enable

Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting u2013 Enable

Downloads

Automatic prompt for file downloads u2013 Disable

File Download u2013 Enable

Assuming that you have Microsoft Outlook CDO installed

Let me know if you still have any issues.

Regards,

Shobhit

former_member391647
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am trying to get the outlook synchronization setting to work without having the "initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe - Enable"

as enabling this makes our system a bit too open for our end users.

Regards,

Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

But you need to enable that setting for 'Trusted Sites' only. I hope you will be still safe for other External websites, please check with your desktop team. Though i have not recently checked the same setting with newer version of Groupware if it now allows you to run the addon without that option.

Regards,

Shobhit

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

We're having the same problem...implementing client groupware integration - system details as follows.

Outlook Version: 2007 x86

SAP CRM: 7 Ehp 1 with SP05

IE verion: 8

All the necessary notes were implemented as well as the mandatory manual steps.

The profile is configured in transaction GWIPROFILE with the correct server/port/etc.

The latest version of the setup.exe file was uploaded in SE80 and the 'Initial Value' was maintained accordingly in the attribute 'REQUIRED VERSION' of the class CL_CRM_XML_GW_SYNC.

All the necessary components were installed before starting the Groupware installation, ie: .NET Framework Runtime; Visual Studio Tools for Office and Office PIA.

For good measure we also have the CDO installed - this was done after the first unsuccessful run.

Internet settings were changed according to the earlier post on this thread. (ActiveX/Automatic file download/etc)

In the WEB UI, the insallation was run from the link 'Personalise' -> 'Install Synchronization Software'. Everything installs correctly.

The problem arises when selecting 'Personalise' -> 'Edit Synchronization Settings'. Here, the same message appears..."Synchronisation settings could not be started. Some software components are missing on your pc". When choosing to install those said missing components the only option available is to uninstall the successful installation of the groupware software.

incidently, the same message appears when trying to synchronise from the WEB UI.

On the mail client side the option is available to set up the CRM Groupware Synchronisation Settings but the text boxes are all greyed out/uneditable.

We are able to transfer emails with with Outlook 2010 but not synchronise. Neither functionality works with Outlook 2007.

We've tried this with Windows XP/Office 2003, Windows 7/Office 2010 and CRM 7 as well. The same scenario comes up.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Clayton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I also have the same issue as Clayton. Has anyone found a solution for this issue.

Regards

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have the same ussue with Outlook 2003.

When I click on "edit groupeare settings" I am getting an dialog where all fields, inlcuding the "OK" button is grayed out.

Any progress on this issue?

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing the same issue. Did someone found out what the issue?

Thanks in advance!

Yasmine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please check if Microsoft CDO is installed in your laptop. If not then first install it using Control panel -> Add/Remove Program-> Select MS Office Edition->Click change->select add/remove feature->next->checkbox Advanced customizations of applications->next-> expand MS office Outlook option->select "Collaboration Data Objects ->Run all from My Computer->select MS Office Outlook option again->Run all from My Computer->Update to install that feature.

Now uninstall Groupware software from Control Panel and go to registry editor (regedit)

1. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> SAP-> CRMCALINTEGATION -> MSA -> click on APPData and delete its content.
  2. Again navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> SAP and delete folder CRMCALINTEGRATION.

Login to WebUI and again install the Groupware software from personalize option. Once done open Outlook and again go to Personalize screen and click Edit Sync Settings and proceed.

Let me know if any other errors are coming.

Rgds,

Shobhit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We had the same issue and you can check the following basic step as well apart from all above solutions to respolve the above issue which It wroked for us.

Activate the SICF Node:

default_host->sap->crm->crm_act_gwsync.

Thanks,

Jaipal

0 Kudos

Hi Shobhit,

Does it really required to install CDO for outlook 2010.

Thanks & regards

Swatantra Chourasiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, Office PIA is required for Outlook 2010.

Rgds,
Shobhit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shobhit, It helped in solving an issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are welcome.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your help. It works now.

Peggy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't find "maintain groupware settings" under Personalization. All I show for groupware are the following:

GROUPWARE INTEGRATION

Set up your e-mail transfer in Microsoft Outlook

Set Up E-Mail Transfer

Edit the settings for synchronizing your personal calender, tasks, and contacts with SAP CRM

Edit Synchronization Settings

Install new version of groupware synchronization software on your PC

Install Synchronization Software

And when I click on edit, it gives me the messages I mentioned above. I do have GWIPROFILE configured with my server:port and client.

Please let me know if I'm missing something here.

Thanks,

Peggy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peggy, If you click on 'maintain groupware settings' in the personalization area of the CRM Webclient, the profile as customized in transaction GWIPROFILE will be downloaded, and the server settings will automatically be applied.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Pieter