cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Assignment mandatory for Material no. 1417

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Need a help in creating a purchase order. I have Integrated everything with MM, entire configueration is done but when i try to raise a PO it asks for Account Assignment (i have not created cost centeres yet), I gave Unknown as account assignment but again it says that Unknown is not correct for your purchase order, when i give Order as an account assignment it asks for the GL a/c no.

Pleaese suggest me how to get thru this and create a PO.

What is account assignment?

Why does system ask for the GL account number at the time of creation of PO (because creation of PO will have no effect in GL accounts so why to give GL accont no)

Pleaes help.

Thanks in advance,

Kamal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my assumption, you need to do the changes in Material master. You need to check the material type in given plant.

Regards,

Narendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all for your suggestions and help. Its now been solved, the issue was in material master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

IMG-Materials Management-Purchasing-Account Assignment-Maintain Account Assignment Categories depends on Consumption posting indicator system require account,and Field options-reuire,optional etc

Account assignment could be assigned to Item category(follow link bellow-Define Combination of Item Categories/Account Assignment Categories)

Also you can allow/suppress some Acc. assign. category for PO type, check here IMG-Materials Management-Purchasing-Purchase Order-Define Document Types

Edited by: alex ice on Apr 26, 2011 3:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have changed the field options in account assignment categories for GL account u2013 mandatory to optional but still it is giving me the same error. The error in description below:

When I donu2019t put Account assignment while creating a PO the error comes: ACCOUNT ASSIGNMENT MANDATORY FOR MATERIAL 1417. On double clicking on this error it says:- THERE IS NO PROVISION FOR VALUE BASED INVENTORY MANAGEMENT FOR THIS MATERIAL TYPE IN THIS PLANT. ACCOUNT ASSIGNMENT IS THUS NESSACERY.

Now when I put u201CUu201D as a material type and press Enter it shows me an error:- UNKNOWN ACCOUNT ASSIGNMENT NOT DEFINED FOR USE HERE. On double clicking on this error it says:- YOU HAVE ENTERED THE ACCOUNT ASSIGNMENT CATEGORY UNKNOWN FOR THIS ITEM. HOWEVER IN THE CASE OF PURCHASE ORDER AND SCHEDULING AGREEMENTS AN EXACT ACCOUNT ASSIGNMENT IS NECESSARY.

PROCEDURE:-

CHANGE THE ACCOUNT ASSIGNMENT TO ONE FOR WHICH AN ACCOUNT ASSIGNMENT CATEGORY IS DEFINED.

thanks,

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,if you can't create PO for material without account assignment then seems in OBYC-GBB there is no G/L account for valuation type, that's why system require account assignment.