cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about ERMS push

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I am prototyping the ERMS push solution in CRM7 and have some questions about the solution SAP help provided.

Below is the detail about ERMS push:

Here the e-mail is first handled by the e-mail pull mechanism: it is converted into a

SAPoffice mail and analyzed by ERMS to find out more details about the mail (like language and certain keywords).

Then the mail (including the additional information from the ERMS analysis) is transferred to the

CMS (Communication Management Software). The CMS determines the appropriate agent team and

dispatches the mail via the push process to an available agent of that team.

Below is the sap help link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm70/helpdata/EN/0e/6a22b86821468691bd5abb51dfd81e/content.htm

I have below questions about the solution in the help link:

1. It mentioned about the email profile (set the agent inbox as email provider) and I changed the u201Cdefaultu201D profile delivered by sap. I setup the rule policy according to the help and assigned it in the service manager profile. The purpose of ERMS push is to push email to CMS instead of sending to agent inbox using ERMS. Which business role should this email profile be assigned to? Is it IC_agent?

2. The help also mentioned about setup u201CERMS_ACTIONu201D as communication system ID in CRMM_BCB_ADM. Does this ID need to be added in the CMS profile? If so, which business role should this CMS profile be assigned to? Is it IC_Agent?

3. The ERMS uses workflow WS00200001. After the email is pushed to CMS, what status should the workflow be, in progress or complete? Also does it suppose to have agent assigned in the workflow task?

4. After the CMS pushes the email back to CRM, it will be a pop up for agent to accept or reject. Will it create an interaction record once the agent clicks the accept?

It would be great if you could shed some light on this.

Thanks in advance!

Zhi Jie Kong

Edited by: Zhijie Kong on Apr 28, 2011 4:32 PM

Edited by: Zhijie Kong on Apr 28, 2011 4:47 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Zhijie,

Let me see if I can help address some of your questions.

1) It doesn't matter which business role you use. You can copy IC_AGENT for example. The important thing is, as Mariusz mentions in this thread, [;,your E-Mail profile must be set for E-Mail Provider = 2 (Agent Inbox).

2) No, this ID itself does not need to be added to any business role (as I assume it is hardcoded in the SAP workflow as Mariusz mentions).

3) From what I remember, the ERMS Push emails are not set to complete by the system, and therefore can still get inadvertantly routed to agents! I recommend to have a second rule in your Rule Modeler policy to route the ERMS Push emails to a special, separate queue where you can close them out easily without worrying about them getting assigned to any agents!

4) Yes, the email will arrive like a phone call with the accept/reject buttons flashing (though it will show as an email, not a phone call). And yes, when the agent accepts an Interaction Record will be created by the system automatically.

I hope this helps you!

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks a lot for your help!

I have some questions about the email object itself:

When the email first gets in the CRM through SAPconnect from email server, it is an SAP office document object. After the ERMS push, I assume the email is still in CRM as office document (Please correct me if my understanding is wrong). Will the email be created in CMS as well?

The CMS will route the email to the right agent. If the agent accept the incoming email, the interaction record will be created. Will the email be merged into the interaction record? Or the email is just a link which points to the original office document object in CRM or the email in the CMS in the interaction record? Or the email will be created in the agent inbox and there is link in the interaction record which points to the email in the agent inbox?

BTW, your book is very helpful!

Thanks,

Zhi Jie Kong

Edited by: Zhijie Kong on Apr 29, 2011 4:17 PM

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Zhi Jie,

Yes, ERMS push mails are stored in SAPOffice, just like the regular ERMS mails. With the ERMS push, we send the ID of the mail to the CMS, and the CMS routes this mail ID to an available agent. Then, on the receiving agent side, the mail is retrieved from SAPOffice via the ID.

When the agent accepts the ERMS Push email an Interaction Record is created. The email is linked to the Interaction Record (and also to the Service Ticket/Request, if one is created).

Glad to hear that you found the book helpful!

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks a lot for the detail explanation! Really appreciate your help!

Zhi Jie Kong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Two more questions about the email in ERMS push:

1. What will happen to the email if the agent replies the email after accepting it, it will be sent back to CMS again or it will be sent to email server via SAPconnect?

2. What will happen to the email if the agent just saves the email after accepting it? Where can the agent find this un-replied email? Is the email saved in the agent inbox in this scenario?

Thanks,

Zhi Jie Kong

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

have more questions about the ERMS Push and need help from John

former_member187490
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Zhi Jie,

There are two options that you can choose from in the Email profile, ICI provider (which uses the CMS) and Agent Inbox (which uses SAP Connect). As mentioned in one of my above replies, to use ERMS Push your E-Mail profile must be set for E-Mail Provider = 2 (Agent Inbox). So in this case, the agent replies will be sent using SAPConnect and stored in SAP Office. The agent reply emails will not use the CMS. But of course the outbound emails will be linked to the Interaction Record (and any open Service Transaction) as usual.

Emails that are not processed from the Inbox will remain in their current unprocessed status. When an agent clicks on Interact, the email is set to complete and and Interaction Record is automatically created. It is now up to the agent to reply to the email (if it requires a reply) and to create any necessary follow-on service transactions. If the agent starts drafting an email but does send it, the saved email will be linked to the Interaction Record; the saved email will also be accesible from the Draft Emails link in the Index (or NavBar if this link has been added to the NavBar).

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks a lot for the quick response! Yes, I found the work center IC_MAILPND (unfinished E-Mails). This is very helpful.

Really appreciate your time!

Thanks,

Zhi Jie Kong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhi Jie,

sorry to bump into this thread, but I am a little stuck with a quite similar problem and since you already seem to have routed mails successfully(?), I hope you know more than me:
I get the route message, but do not know to reply to it (tried sending a variety of IciEvent_actionItemChanged events, but w/o success), could you peraps have a look at my post[1]?

Regards

Florian

[1] http://scn.sap.com/thread/3547337