cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice for suitable SAP module for mechanical design engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I need your valuable advice regarding which SAP core module I can opt for.

I am basically mechanical deisgn engineer involved in produt design and devlopment , engineering change management.

All your suggestions will be great help for me.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am from mechanical backgroud....one of my friend suggested me to learn sap hana bo .........

i dnt know any thing about this sap...i want to know what are the basics required to learn...nd with my mechanicl background will it be easy for me to learn this module....

do i need to have any basics to learn this

please help me out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shetty,

SAP PLM is the best fit for you and it's the hot cake now after Project Systems. Explore your core design areas in micro level and try to map into SAP. It would be even better if you have a thorough knowledge in DMS, ECM, C-Projects/folders along with basic knowledge in Project Systems. Explore more in these areas for your better future in SAP.

Regards,

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Sid, I have taken course in SAP dms, ecm, variant configuration from one of the institute in blore. I even tried for job openings. The problem is evrybody is asking for sap plm PS adn morever if you tell u r plm dms trained they ask for one end to end implementaton.....

I have project system knwoledge which i learnt out of my interesrt in some small company....so please let me know even i f i do a course in sap plm ps,,to what extent our domain experience will be counted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shetty,

Undoubtedly you are looking in the right direction...SAP has several sub modules that deal with day to day Engineers activities in amanufacturing set up.. Please look up Material management, Quality Management, PLM etc and do not be limited by this there are several other modules and what drives is your business insight and expertise.

regards

N K