cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales orders generation from campaigns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a scenario, where sales orders are generated as a result of campaign execution.

I have done all the standard settings for campaign execution, however something is missing with product data. When I try to start the campaign I'm getting the error message "To generate sales orders products and quantities have to be assigned". I can assign a product, but I cannot see any option for providing the quantity...

Have you ever struggled with similar scenario? If so maybe you can help me with following issues:

1. Is it possible to start sales order generation without entering product data on the campaig?

2. What should I do so that it's possible to enter quantites for products and get rid of the above error message?

Kind regards

Marek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Marek,

Did you solve your Issue?

Best regards

Iñigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

just to let you know - with a liitle help from our friends in SAP we have found the answer.

There is an additional check made in BSP application responsible for starting the campaign. It is placed in method EH_ONSTART of class CL_CPG_MAIN_OPOVERVIEW_IMPL. Due to this check it is not possible to start the campaign without entering product and quantities. And quantities field is hidden in standard marketing business roles. To make it visible you would have to play a little bit with WEB UI settings (I didn't try that).

In my opinion the assumption, that pruduct must be entered directly on campaing/campaign elment, is not entirly correct. Of corse products information is required for sales order document , but there is a nice functionality of sales order templates available in the Marketing module - I find it better option for providing product information. To use this we need to switch off the above check.

Kind regards,

Marek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, maybe the quantity is from BPS

I haven't meet the same scenaroi, but I know in the TPM (also in Marketing module), the quantity and amout is filled in BPS view and bring into CRM trade promotion, I guess maybe the process is similar.

former_member184510
Active Participant
0 Kudos

1. You cannot create sales orders without products..makes no scence either...

2. you need to specify whether your prod are CRM(standalone) or came from ECC system.That will help in debugging this issue with quantity.