Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Oppt search result to sales office in WebUI

former_member200342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where i want to restrict the result list of oppt search to a particular sales office in WebUI (CRM 7.0).

The user of one sales office should not be able to display and edit the oppt of other sales office.

I am able to acheive the second part of the requirement with the auth objects CRM_OPP, CRM_ORD_LP, CRM_ORD_OE and CRM_ORD_OP.

How to restirct the display of oppt belonging to other sales office?

Regards,

PP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is done by CRM_ORD_LP. You can set in this object what kind of access (create, display, edit, delete) user has and to which level this applies (e.g. Sales office). However I don't understand what exaclty is your problem if you say you were able to achive it prtily. Can you be more specific. Would you like that user is able to edit some and only display some other. If that is the case then you would have to use CRM_ORD_OE , but in this case you wil have to fix org units which can result in a lt of pfcg roles.

former_member200342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To be more specific, i have two users A and B, assigned to sales office X and Y respectively.

Now i want user A to display / edit Oppt of sales office X only.

Currently the user A is able to display the Oppt of sales office Y however system throws an error (User does not have autorization) when he goes to edit it.

So my requirement is working partially. I do not want both users to even display the Oppt of each other's sales office in the search result .

Regards,

PP

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check that user A is not assigned in any partner function to opportunities of offce Y, becase otherwise he can get access via object CRM_ORD_OP.

Also in object CRM_ORD_OE alow user only to "create" and if you need "change" organizational data. But you must remove "display" option.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member214667
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PP,

I can think of the following ways to do this:

1. Enhance search such that you always pass user's sales office as search criteria and remove any other sales office criteria if entered.

2. After you get the result, provide a custom logic to filter out those records that belong to different sales offices.

Regards,

Shiromani

former_member200342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I understood what you meant to say however i am looking for a standard way to acheive this. May be by using some authorization objects.

I dont want to go for any coding.

Regards,

PP